Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make one? the sub ( i think its a sub, possibly just a woofer ) in my klipsch 2.1 computer setup just kicked the bucket and would like a new one.. Im assuming these are different 6.5" speakers that you use in your car, so this is the first place i thought of looking , other than parts express..

And if they dont make them , could you recommend a good one? thank you

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-2-1-2-1-channel-multimedia/dp/B00154H1T8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257270738&sr=1-2[/ame]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
read the whole Exodus section. Anarchy. Can't beat it, be ready to order cuz when they're here in 3-5 weeks, they are gone already ;)
wow... :eek:

Thats crazy.. and at that price?? He is nuts!

I dont know if I could fit that in the klipsch enclosure :( But i sure would try.. Seeing these makes me want to build a custom 5.1 now .. Looks awesome Kevin!!

No release yet?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you :)

So just to make sure.. this is a mid bass right? basically for either car audio or in speaker building.. so what will the sound be different from a standard 6 1/2..?

I realize it can take tons of power but what are people going to power them with ?

Like i said i would love to build something out of these as well, when I order my Tempest, I just dont understand most of the speaker building itself , How a speaker like this can be in the same tower as a tweeter and and/or mid.. Im assuming just buy a 3 way crossover basedon what impedance your running?

·
Registered
511 Posts
thank you :)

So just to make sure.. this is a mid bass right? basically for either car audio or in speaker building.. so what will the sound be different from a standard 6 1/2..?

I realize it can take tons of power but what are people going to power them with ?

Like i said i would love to build something out of these as well, when I order my Tempest, I just dont understand most of the speaker building itself , How a speaker like this can be in the same tower as a tweeter and and/or mid.. Im assuming just buy a 3 way crossover basedon what impedance your running?
Crossover building is an art. It's not as simple as buying something that happens to split, mid-tweet-woof.

That said, I believe Kevin said he was going to design a crossover for this mid and a couple specific tweets. You'd just buy the parts recommended and assemble it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts