Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone do a quick WIN ISD work up for this driver... and let me know what kind of performance I could get.... ( i'm still learning to read the graphs). I'd like to couple this with a BASH 300watt amp plate. I am looking to save space. I understand a 10" HT sub is a bit small but I have to give up some boom, my house size and GF are concerns!

Exodus Audio DPL-10

* Fs: 23 Hz
* Re: 6.5 Ohms
* Qms: 4.7
* Qes: .91
* Qts: 0.76
* Mms: 99g
* Cms: 0.47 mm/N
* Vas: 73L
* Sd: 333 cm^2
* Vd: 1.26L
* BL: 10.2
* X-max: 13mm
* Pmax: 300W
* SPL: 81.7 db/1W/1M

fschris

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ported vs sealed have nearly identical response curves. Also getting the QTC down while keeping the xmax limited proves very difficult. Still if you use a 100 watt amp in a 5 cu ft box you will get an F3 of 24hz which is pretty nice for a sealed box with a 45 dollar sub. Don't go above 100 watts as that's all this driver can take in sub use.

You can use box notes to get your dimensions and cut list.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you don't want to go big the DPL 10 works pretty well in a 1.5 cuft sealed enclosure fully stuffed with about 100 watts input. A quick Unibox model has it peaking at about 103dbSPL @ 45Hz with an fb of 35Hz and f3 of 28Hz. Should sound decent in room.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If you don't want to go big the DPL 10 works pretty well in a 1.5 cuft sealed enclosure fully stuffed with about 100 watts input. A quick Unibox model has it peaking at about 103dbSPL @ 45Hz with an fb of 35Hz and f3 of 28Hz. Should sound decent in room.
I'd be very concerned with the high QTS at that point though. It will be a boomier sub. I think a parametric eq is a must for this sub.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'd be very concerned with the high QTS at that point though. It will be a boomier sub. I think a parametric eq is a must for this sub.
Yes, Qts is a little over 1 with that small an alignment.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay ... i think i better stick with the Shiva X2 12" because it looks like trying to get a good 10" sub in a smaller box may not work....

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
okay ... i think i better stick with the Shiva X2 12" because it looks like trying to get a good 10" sub in a smaller box may not work....
Yes that is much better selection for a sub build. As are many other drivers on the market. I believe that driver is intended for speaker use actually.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Actually the DPL-10 in a 1.5cuft sealed enclosure is not all that boomy. Here's the Unibox prediction:

·
Registered
704 Posts
For a HT sub there are better choices.
Oh absolutely! I was simply trying to let the OP know that if money is an object or if he's already obtained the driver how it could be used with decent results. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to be honest i just dont understand those graphs yet ! i really just need to find a driver...which i was told that a shiva-x2 in a 100L box with a 17 port would work well (4 inch diameter) coupled with a Bash 300w amp. That should be the plan.... does that sound good? the shiva-x2 is definitely pricey for me but I figure it would cost 800-1000 to get a comparable pre-built sub.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You could look at the CSS SDX10" there are a couple builds on here and it looks to be the 10" sub of choice for DIY. Not to say there aren't other options but it is a very good one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts