Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is some one selling a Exodus Audio Maelstrom Gen. II 18 dual 2 ohm sub by me and i a few questions about that sub. first has anyone else put one of these in a vehicle cause most use it for home audio. second what would be a recommended box in a 01 tahoe, sealed or ported and what cuft? i have a jl audio 1000/1 sub amp to power the sub will this be ok? i appriciate any help. i have 3 jl 12 w3v3s in the truck now and it just doesnt do the lows like i want. will the maelstrom blow the 12s out the water or what?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 12s are the w3v3 version in a 7cuft ported box after displacement tuned to around 35 hz. the port is 90sq in and 15 inches deep

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peak Power Handling: 1000 Watts

RMS Power Range : 75-500 Watts

Impedance: 8 Ohm

Diameter: 12 Inch

Sensitivity: 87.15 dB

DMA-optimized, long linear excursion capability to virtually eliminate distortion and increase sound output

Perform outstanding in compact sealed or ported enclosures

DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) modeling to deliver unsurpassed dynamic stability and low-distortion operation within intended power range

Mineral-filled polypropylene upper cone with a metallic JL Audio medallion logo gives the W3's a whole new, classy and sophisticated look

Vented Reinforcement Collar

Insert Molded Suspension / Coil / Terminal Sub-Assembly

Customizable Trim Ring

Elevated Frame-Cooling

Floating Cone Attach Method

Surround Stress-Relief

Free Air Resonance (Fs): 26.72 Hz

Electrical "Q" (Qes): 0.472

Mechanical "Q" (Qms): 7.572

Total Speaker "Q" (Qts): 0.444

Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 2.844 cu. ft. / 80.54 liters

One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax): 0.510 in. / 13.0 mm

Reference Efficiency (no): 0.313%

Efficiency (1W/1m): 87.15 dB SPL

Effective Piston Area (Sd): 80.600 sq. in. / 0.0520 sq. m.

DC Resistance (Re): 3.563 ohm

Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohm

Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 300W

Driver Displacement: 0.071 cu. ft. / 2.01 liters

Net Weight: 14.50 lbs. / 6.58 kg

Priced individually

12W3V3D8 - JL Audio 12" 600 Watt 8 Ohm SubwooferRelated Accessories
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Here's a start. Green is the Maelstrom in the same size box as you have, since it's 4 ohm your amp will provide 500 watts. No subsonic filter is required. Yellow is what you currently have with your JL's, the amp is putting out about 800 watts and a subsonic filter at 25 hz. The JL's would do better in a bigger box with this amp if that's an option.

jl audio 3v3.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats pretty cool. the amp does 1000 at 1.5-4 ohms so it would be 1000 at 4 ohms does that change anything? also what port size for the 18? and thanks for doing this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so what size box would you suggest for the 12s? i really want them to drop but they are 12s and you can only go so low thats why i kinda wanted the 18 so it would hit low

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright thanks. whats the program your working with and where can i get it? id like to mess around with different box sizes. but hey thanks alot for your time i gotta hit the hey.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts