Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Anyone know why DIY Cable is no longer selling malestrom subs. And is there any other outlet that sells them?
Kevin (owner) ran into problems with the manufacturing facility and they're no longer being produced. Unfortunately.

Nobody else carries them - since they were DIYCable's product.

Last I heard he was not planning to restart production. Just the Exodus Anarchys are still being produced.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Anyone with that 21" driver now has quite a rare product.
I find it crazy to think that I'm one of them. I bought 1 when he had a brief sale - and was trying to clear inventory. I never thought for one second that would be the last Exodus driver that I'd buy!

I would have bought a couple more (smaller Exodus drivers) if I knew that they'd no longer be available.. A pair of 21"s would just be insane. :)

I also own a Tempest, a Mal 18" and 2 Anarchys. I've been very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Thanks jroc - appreciate you clarifying what happened to Kevin re: the build house...

Actually - note of clarification - I don't believe that the 21" were part of the problems (at least that I'm aware of - and the last emails I exchanged with him about it a few months ago).

Pretty sure most of the 21"s were manufactured before the problems cropped up.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
FYI see here - Kevin is selling 18's and 21's with the problems on another forum.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1352797
Never knew the 21"s were impacted. Make sense since the motor is the same. He must have been selling some known good 21s that I bought. I know that the 21s have always been slow sellers.

Probably a good thing that I didn't see that sale, I would have taken the risk!!

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.