Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking of building a ported 6.3 Cubic Feet box for my home theatre, but want to make the box only 12 inches deep (by 35 inches wide and 36 inches high), in order to fit neatly into my room.

The 15 inch driver would be on one large flat side [down low], plate amp on the back, and the 68 cm x 15.2 cm port on one of the sides, at the top of the box.

The internal volume is correct as recommended, but will the 12 inch depth be a problem for the woofer at all? Will the back wave pressure be too close to the back wall of the enclosure?

Thanks for any help.

Craig.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think it should make a difference but I am by no means an expert. Someone smarter than I will chime in and we will both learn something. Nice sketch btw

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am doing a very similar build, but mine is sealed at 4 cu ft. I have it posted in the sealed sub here. I have one box together right now, will be working on second one tonight if things go well. I should have the drivers on Friday if the little brown truck comes thru on time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You should usually have as much clearance as the port size all around the port. Either make the box 18'' deep to have 6'' on each side of you're port or you could go with a slot port.

Some one may confirm this but that what I've heard here several time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts