Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to gather information for a new forum, this one for extended warranties. We had some good info from capn preeshoot in a thread a while back and we hope to extend that information and add contacts for many of the major warranty companies for those who have them and some info on where to find the best values for those who are buying.

Please post your experiences here, along with any contact info or links. We will distill it all into an info thread similar to the others that we have started. I personally don't have a lot of info on the different vendors as we don't sell many EWs where I work. We do sell the Repair Master warranties, but that is all. Let us hear what you all have done for EWs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lou, I've stayed with Repair Master & been quite pleased with the results on those rare occasions I've had need to file a claim. Most recently bought a new home and shotgunned all the new appliances w/RM warranties. They seem to be a good company with the advantage that you can price-compare on the web and take the cheapest deal. an RM warranty seems to be an RM warranty, no matter where you find it or how much you pay for it. Too many in-store warranties are fat with profit for the selling dealer. - and then look what happened to Tweeter and Circuit City. Did anyone find out who took over the EW obligation for either of those places?

The KEY to a pleasant experience with repair Master is that you absolutely must
  • Register it immediately (within 10 days of purchase)
  • Buy it before there is less than 90 days remaining in your manufacturer's original warranty
  • Keep ALL of your purchase records and be able to produce them when asked for
  • Understand that the combined total of all claims cannot exceed the purchase price of your item
  • File all claims BEFORE arranging for repairs
  • Understand that service will be provided by someone of RM's own choosing, not yours

·
Registered
1 Posts
The free way to get an extended warranty are offered for virtually any important buy. Customer electronics and home purchases are especially common opportunities. Extended warranties are often expensive. Basically, the plans are insurance policies on your products. Many individuals don't realize, though, that extended warranties can sometimes be added for no additional charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Extended warranties are available for virtually any important buy. Consumer electronics and home purchases are especially common options. Extended warranties are like an insurance plan for costly transactions and are often expensive. It provides a possibility to have the factory warranty extended beyond the 12 month default period.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rarely purchase extended warranties myself, but my wife has in the past. Once luckily she did for a vehicle and the needed to use the extended warranty several times (save big bucks). Most electronic devices as long as they are operated as designed, rarely fail in normal operations after the first 30 days anyway. Have never collected on an extended warranty on an electronic device.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts