Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Joe,

SSL Duende
This also looks interesting. It is a VST plugins external host, basically a small rackmount computer that you connect to your DAW via USB, and that hosts your VST plugins, freeing your computer processor/RAM.

I'm sure there are other things like that, but i'm no expert in plugins (i mix in a big analog desk, so those are pretty useless), so other people will tell you i hope!

Hope this helps anyway...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Check out the Focusrite Liquid Mix and Liquid Mix 16 - great sounding boxes with some pretty good emulations, and the 16 is pretty cheap

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a LiquidMix processor. Have to say it sounds good, the emulations are pretty nice. But I had some issues with the hardware... Maybe I've just been unlucky with my unit. :scratch:
For a portable mixing solution is defintly OK.

Cheers,
Marco

·
Registered
134 Posts
The firewire controller on my LiquiMix just burned, it took 6 months for the assistence to find this out :huh:

I'm using it with my PowerBookG4 now, as a part of my portable setup.

Cheers,
Marco

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think that's more of a firewire issue than a liquid mix issue - firewire doesn't handle hot plugging very well, so if you plug or unplug while its on it can fry something...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Joe,

SSL Duende
This also looks interesting. It is a VST plugins external host, basically a small rackmount computer that you connect to your DAW via USB, and that hosts your VST plugins, freeing your computer processor/RAM.

I'm sure there are other things like that, but i'm no expert in plugins (i mix in a big analog desk, so those are pretty useless), so other people will tell you i hope!

Hope this helps anyway...
Thanks a bunch that does help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive used powercore and liquid mix and duende. All have good and bad points. I like them all.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts