Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - i have a Panasonic ET5 42 for a bedroom TV - the sound is not too great with movies etc, -

would anyone know if i can add two small speakers and connect it to the TV - i would like to make them work with the remote Vol. for the TV is i can - can anyone recommend some i can look at -

i have limited space - i am thinking two small cube size - like those bose type - but not bose - low cost small cubes about 3 inch high maybe - that i can connect to the TV - even computer speakers -

has anyone done this with this model TV ? any suggestions would be great - thanks

i was looking at the Zvox box - which would fit like a Dvd player but wasnt looking to spend anywhere close to those prices for my bedroom TV -

does anyone have or use a Zvox ?

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
A soundbar takes up very little space and can hook directly to the TV with no extra equipment. Some of them also have wireless subs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have room for a soundbar - i have my TV on top of a drawer in the bedroom - i have my DVD under it in a open space - unless theres a sound bar which is the size of a DVD player - 17" wide - and no more than maybe 4 inches high - i would consider that - but then again - not looking to spend $500 either

just a simple solution which works - not looking for home theater sound - 2 channel stereo would be fine

i just checked my TV and it only has a Optical out for audio in the back - i dont have RCA's etc, -

that limits me even further now - i was thinking of small speakers with a T amp - but the amp has RCA's out - not sure if i can find a cable that has RCA's to Optical out cable ? if they even make one that way -

i found a pair of cube speakers and a cheap T amp - with a remote to control the volume also - i am not expecting high end out of this - but as long as its better then the TV speakers which are just loud but dont seem to hear it clearly enough unless its full blast -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MCGF1O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3U5RBQ2LAUELL&coliid=IN5XN8PG9PND0

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073WTG6M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3U5RBQ2LAUELL&coliid=I289RAEF1J70QV

this is what i was considering - for a few reasons - for one - it would fit in the space i have - it has a remote for the volume which the TV wont work once external are connected and low cost -

any suggestions ? but now i would need a cable going from RCA's to Optical to connect this - and not sure if it would even work that way or not -

any input ?

thanks -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts