Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Sonnie and I have been discussing revamping the Shack's Facebook presence over a trial period. I'm going to admin the site for that time, and hopefully it will take off and help heard more cats and dogs to Home Theater Shack.

Ideally, we'd like to kick-off some kind "like-athon"... encouraging members to Like us on Facebook and to get them to have their friends to Like us also. Hoping we can all brainstorm a little bit and come up with some ideas... over the next week or so we'll post something on the site and get the ball rolling.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
If we could do something like... See how many friends you can get to like us on facebook... the member who gets the most friends to like us wins $100 cash.

How could we verify the number of their friends liked us though? I don't think we can. It has to be verifiable.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to look through the admin controls... I know I've seen "share" campaigns run by companies... such as "share this ad to be entered to win..."

But, ultimately, the we want the Shack to appear in peoples' feeds.

I think I might know of someone that I could ask... let me check with her and I'll report back.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, apparently once a company site gets more than 30 Likes, full admin tools become available. I'll have to look through the controls... but apparently you can track who Likes your page, when they liked it, which of their friends like it, who they shared the page with... etc...

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Is the focus on getting Facebook likes or new HTS members? If the goal is to get FB likes, why not just offer some incentive for existing HTS members to "like" us? i.e. "by liking us on facebook you are entered into the drawing for a cash prize". I guess we'd have to verify the link between HTS user and facebook account but I'm sure that could be done.

If the goal is to attract new HTS members, perhaps we could offer some kind of referral bonus to existing members. Maybe a small discount at a sponsor who is willing to participate? Could end up being beneficial to the sponsor too. We could set up a thread on the forum where new members could identify who referred them. From there we could generate a list of members and how many referrals they gave.

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
As a side note I have noticed quite a few people making their first posts in the $2500 speaker poll thread. Perhaps by simply doing more "shootout" type events we can attract more members. Maybe that's already your plan :)

Of all the forums I've read/participated on the one-to-one comparisons seem to be the most requested type of content, aside from maybe DYI help.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the focus on getting Facebook likes or new HTS members? If the goal is to get FB likes, why not just offer some incentive for existing HTS members to "like" us? i.e. "by liking us on facebook you are entered into the drawing for a cash prize". I guess we'd have to verify the link between HTS user and facebook account but I'm sure that could be done.

If the goal is to attract new HTS members, perhaps we could offer some kind of referral bonus to existing members. Maybe a small discount at a sponsor who is willing to participate? Could end up being beneficial to the sponsor too. We could set up a thread on the forum where new members could identify who referred them. From there we could generate a list of members and how many referrals they gave.
It's really both. Increase Facebook presence... hopefully driving up traffic HTS (both new and old members).

Ultimately, the ideal would be current members to Like HTS on Facebook AND get a friend to Like... or current members to Like HTS and "Share" a Facebook link to the a specified number of their friends on Facebook. Then, you could tie that in with activity on HTS, in terms of requiring 25 posts over a 2 month period, or something to that effect.

I guess there is two ways it could go: New Members would need to like the FB page, and show activity on HTS website. Current member would need to Share the Facebook page, and show current activity on HTS.

Does that make sense?

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Does that make sense?
Yep. Expand HTS's reach (or network, so to speak) while promoting increased participation on the forums, both from existing members and from new members. I see what you are saying about making that a requirement for the incentives, to avoid a bunch of people showing up to make referrals and trying to collect a prize or something, but never really contributing anything of value to the forum community. Hmm...

It introduces some complexities, but I think it's do-able.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sonnie had a good idea, also. Beyond "Liking" or "Sharing" a post detailing a promotional giveaway (and, participation on the HTS boards), we could embed a code or a word in a few pictures throughout the giveaway period. Members would need to, somehow relay that code to us within a certain amount of time to stay eligible. For instance, the Facebook page will, in the middle of the promotion, post an image of Kreisel Sub. In the bottom corner of the picture there would be a code. Users would have 2 or 3 days to spot the code and then PM it to admin.

Thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts