Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we did favorite artists - but I love watching concerts on my HT.
What are your top 5 concert or performance DVD's?

Mine are:
Roger Waters - In The Flesh Live
Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour Live From Melbourne
Funk Brothers - Standing In The Shadows Of Motown
Eric Clapton - Crossroads Guitar Festival
U2 - Go Home, Live From Slane Castle

Almost made the list:
Led Zeppelin - DVD
Deep Purple - Come Hell Or High Water
Santana - Supernatural Live
Ozrics Tentacles - Live At The Pongmasters Ball
Procul Harum - Live

·
Registered
643 Posts
Led Zeppelin - DVD
White Stripes- Under Blackpool lights
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - God is in the House
Tori Amos - Welcome to sunny Florida
Roger Waters - In the Flesh Live

Incidently they are the only five I own, at least for now!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I haven't watched that many yet.... well I have but I only have a few real favorties right now...

David Gilmour in Concert
Roger Waters - In The Flesh Live
Sarah Brightman - Live From Las Vegas

I liked Prince - Purple Rain... but that's more of a movie with lot's of music instead of a straight up solid concert.

Honorable mentions are Kansas, Styx, Elton John, and Pink Floyd - The Wall... but I don't imagine I could include them in my top five.

I'm sure my list will grow. I think I've got some good ones on hand to watch in The Eagles and Eric Clapton.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I love concert DVD's. My favorites have to be.

Eric Clapton - One More Car, One More Rider (the first half of the show is a lot of accoustical, while the second half of the show rocks)
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over (my first, but still one of my most played. Even my 3 year old loves this one)
Diana Krall - Live in Paris (if you like Jazz, this one has reference level sound quality)
Keb Mo - Sessions at West 54th (Accoustic Blues, very intimate performance with amazing sound quality.)

If I think of any more, I will post them.

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
Blue Man Group / Complex Rock Tour Live -- Totally lame that it's not in DD or DTS, but awesome nonetheless.

I just added "David Gilmour in Concert" to the top of my Netflix list.

-- Otto

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I think you'll end up buying the DGIC and if you like Floyd... check out the Roger Waters In the Flesh Live too. Fabulous shows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't watch too many of these but currently the Godsmack Live DVD and Rush in Concert recorded from INHD or HDNet have been getting a lot of play at my place.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Guys,
Shortly after getting our projector, Diana and I went out and picked up several DVD concerts.
Of them my personal favorites are:

Crosby, Stills & Nash The acoustic concert (2004) I felt like they were in our room performing just for us... Fantastic must have for CS&N fans....

Eric Clapton unpluged .......... Very well done

Elton John.....Dream ticket ......... 4 disk box set filimed at various venues... Epheses the great amphitheatre was our favorite location.....

Norah Jones and the Handsome Band ......... Another example of the band being in the room with you....

Cream reunion tour 2005 Royal Albert Hall ........ Fun to see them back together after all these years

Sade ....... Sade lovers live Felt like a night out......

Pink Floyd ... The Wall ...... Must have for Floyd fans

The Moody Blues ........ A Night at Red Rock 1992 polished , professional and an amazing place, would have loved to have been there.

Darrel :)

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I have the Clapton unplugged on LD and it was always one of my wife and I's favorites... I gotta get it on DVD too. I have the One More Car, One More Rider that I haven't even watched yet (shame on me).

I bet that Cream and Moody Blues is good. I'm a pretty big classic rock fan, especially from that era that was maybe a tad before my time. I had no clue about music until I was about 17-18, which was in 78-79.

We have an Elton John DVD concert... can't think of the name of it now but the video is horrendous. I don't think it's Dream Ticket though... is the PQ on it any good?

I was turned on to Sarah Brightman via forum buddies and I've heard a lot about Norah Jones... I'm probably gonna have to give her a spin too.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Here lately, Ive really dedicated my HT experience to concert DVDs. Some ones worth buying for both sound and picture quality are in addition to the ones I own in the first thread are:

Metallica S & M - Performs with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra

ELO Zoom - Awesome DTS

Bee Gees - One Night Only - DTS

Earth Wind and Fire with Chicago - DTS

Alan Parsons Live in Madrid - Dolby 2.0 only however great sound quality.

DONT BUY FOREIGNER - Poor Lou Graham had brain cancer and spread to his lymph nodes. His voice isnt the same.

The only unfortunate thing in having a high quality HT is that ****** recordings which could sound decent in budget HT can sound like **** on reference systems. Trade off I guess, but not always the best of both worlds. Hope this helps!

Coco:T

·
Registered
703 Posts
Forgoot to mention Phil Collins - Finally - Outstanding near reference quality and Moody Blues Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Both DTS and outstanding

·
Registered
568 Posts
The Doors collection...contains Live at the Hollywood Bowl, plus Dance on Fire, The Soft Parade. All in dolby digital 2.0.

Jim tripping on acid at the Hollywood Bowl...

·
Registered
472 Posts
RUSH R30
David Gilmore Live in Concert (though he could have at least shaved and dressed up a bit )
James Taylor Live at the Beacon Theatre
Eagles Hell Freezes Over
Eagles Farewell 1 Tour
Doobie Brothers Live at Wolf Trap
Peter Frampton Live in Detroit
ELO Zoom

N

·
0 Posts
This is a great thread! I've already found several I need to go check out.

How come no one has mentioned the venerable Talking Heads' "Stop Making Sense" concert video?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nobbie said:
How come no one has mentioned the venerable Talking Heads' "Stop Making Sense" concert video?
Because we're all waiting for our PF Pulse DVD's to arrive:woohoo:
Its been so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.............................

N

·
0 Posts
Phil M said:
Because we're all waiting for our PF Pulse DVD's to arrive:woohoo:
Its been so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.............................

Somebody school me here, PF Pulse??:scratch:

N

·
0 Posts
Aha! Thanks, Phil! Yep, I'm in for that, too. But those are a bit off from now, no? December? Gotta get some stuff now, for sure! :D

C

·
0 Posts
My two favorites (both mentioned already):

Eric Clapton - One More Car, One More Rider (DTS track is awesome)
The Eagles - Farewell Tour (This and Hell Freezes Over have the best sound mix of any concert DVD I've heard so far.)

·
Registered
255 Posts
caser85 said:
My two favorites (both mentioned already):

Eric Clapton - One More Car, One More Rider (DTS track is awesome)
The Eagles - Farewell Tour (This and Hell Freezes Over have the best sound mix of any concert DVD I've heard so far.)
Eric Clapton "One More CaR, One More Rider" is awesome, and Elton John "Dream Ticket" is lots of fun.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts