Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
139 Posts
My favorites are:
Hell Freezes Over by The Eagles. I prefer this one over the newest one.
One Night Only - The Greatest Hits Live at Madison Square Gardens by Elton John.
The first and second dvd concerts by Norah Jones. Looking forward to the third one.
Pulse by Pink Floyd.
Back In The U.S. by Paul McCartney.
Live at Royal Albert Hall by Cream.

I have quite a few more, but these get played the most. :bigsmile:

Oh yeah.......I forgot Live in Paris by Diana Krall. It's hard to believe she's married to Elvis Costello!

S

·
0 Posts
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere
Great band, awesome songs, by far the best sounding concert DVD (ever), great performance (and slightly quirky video editing which leaves some people cold)

Eric Clapton & Friends - Concert for George
Wonderful stuff, also a bonus performance by Monty Python (John Cleese's stand in was... Tom Hanks)

Pink Floyd - Pulse
Rush - in Rio
Led Zeppelin - DVD

M

·
0 Posts
The Band - the Last Waltz : saw this in the cinema when it first came out

Crowded House - Farewell Concert Sydney : one of my favourite bands in front of their home crowd - magic!

Pioneer 607XD, Yamaha RX2600, Tannoy Arena 500, Denon DVD2930, Sky HD

·
Senior Shackster , Platinum Supporter
828 Posts
I have a few...........

My favorite, Eagles, Farewell live from Melbourne, HD DVD, DTS.
3 Doors Down, Away from the sun, live from Houston Texas, DTS.
Sarah Mclachlan, Storytellers, DTS.
ELO, Zoom tour live, DTS.
Matchbox Twenty, Storytellers, DTS.
Natalie Merchant, Storytellers, 5.1 DD.
REM, Perfect Square Live, 5.1 DD.
Nine Inch Nails Live, Beside you in time, HD DVD.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Right now I would vote for The Band-The Last Waltz. Awesome. The audio commentary was pretty good too.

J

·
0 Posts
1. Depeche Mode: One night in Paris
2. Fleetwood Mac: The Dance
3. Natalie Merchant: VH1 Story Tellers
4. David Gilmore: At the Royal Albert Hall
5. Tribute to David Hall and Burt Bacharach (The Dione Warwick set)
6. James Taylor: Live at the Beacon Theater
7. The Cure: Trilogy
8. BeeGees: One night only
9. Pink Floyd: Pulse
10. Cranberries: Live in Paris

And a MUST SEE in BluRay: Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds: From Radio City Music Hall.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Im a big Jazz fan,
Lee Ritenour features many guests including Dave Grusin, Abraham Laboriel and many other great jazz musicians. He recently came out with a DVD called Overtime and its just fantastic to watch and is in DTS widescreen filmed with High definition cameras.

I also have a DVD for all you Christians on here by Michael W. Smith called Worship that was recorded here in Edmonton Alberta Canada at an event for young adults called YC where 17,000 attended and is in Wide screen with Dolby digital. I highly recommend it.

A

·
0 Posts
Some of my favs:

Phish-It (live performance disc)
Phish-Live in Brooklyn
String Cheese Incident-Live At Austin City Limits
String Cheese Incident-Live At The Fillmore

·
Registered
228 Posts
tonyvdb, why did you have to do that to me? I read all these lists and thought there were some I'd like to try and then I see your post and see Lee Ritenour. Now I have to go spend more money.
I'm sitting here listening to Fourplay on the ipod and never knew that Lee was the guitarist in that band. I knew there was a reason I liked their music so much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a rather large collection of concert DVDs and after reading the lists above I guess I'm going to have to add to it. I'm surprised to see no Springsteen DVDs in the list to date. Springsteen DVDs were the reason I got into HT in the first place. When I saw the double DVD Live in New York concert I decided right there that it was time for a big screen and a 5.1 system. If you have never seen The Boss in concert check out Live in NY or the Rising. Nobody puts on a show like Springsteen and his DVDs are always top class. In saying that my five favourite DVDs

Springsteen Live in NY
Springsteen The Rising
Springsteen live in Dublin
Springsteen Storytellers
Pink Floyd Pulse

Other notables: Bob Marley Legend, Peter Gabriele Growing Up, Secret World, The Last Waltz, Cat Stevens Majicat, Eagles HFO, Annie Lennox.... The new Celine Dion live in Vegas is good too as well as Sarah McLaughlin's live show in Toronto....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here are my favorite live concert performance in dvd:

1. Eagles-Hell Freezes Over
2. Eagles Farewell Tour 1
3. Bee Gees-One Night Only
4. Phil Collins Live
5. James Taylor- Pull Over
6. Heart in Seattle
7. Toto 25th Anniversary
8. The Corrs
9. Van Halen Live Without A Net
20. U2-Elevation

·
Registered
16 Posts
My two favorites are :

Roger Waters - In the Flesh

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

The quality of the DTS soundtrack on both of these is fantastic.

I also enjoy Pink Floyd - PULSE, but the quality isn't great in comparison.

·
Registered
32 Posts
tonyvdb, why did you have to do that to me? I read all these lists and thought there were some I'd like to try and then I see your post and see Lee Ritenour. Now I have to go spend more money.
tonyvdb: u r a bad boy, I just went to amazon to order....

gychang

T

·
0 Posts
Well, I'm surprised no one mentioned "PARTY AT THE PALACE". recorded a few years ago in England featuring EVERYONE!!!. Recorded in stunning 16x9 and DTS. It's a real treat.

Also, of course, Roy Orbison-Black and White Night - now on Blu Ray and in WIDESCREEN!

·
Moderator Emeritus
606 Posts
There are two classical Blu-Ray orchestral concerts out now.

A third will be released on February 9.

The Pyong Yang concert is very good. Not the best performance I've ever seen, but very good. The audio quality is excellent. The second movement of the New World Symphony put a lump in my throat. The "making of" extra was every bit as fascinating as the concert itself; a documentary of this historical event.

The Brandenburg Concertos are performed in a prettier venue, so the HD video is definately more pleasing to look at. The performers stand to play, and there are some virtuosos in this group. Jaw dropping talent to a novice like me. I enjoyed this thoroughly.

Here's a site that shows all of the classical blu-rays by type. LINK

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Not my absolute favorite but I just watched Elton John's the Red Piano concert on BR. It's worth a watch. He does most of the hits and favorites. The stage and backdrop is really nice and the SQ is good.

Other favorites of mine among MANY are...
Rush: Live in Rio
Pantera: All 3 DVD's
Neurosis: A Sun That Never Sets DVD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Andrew Lloyd Webber - the Royal Albert Hall celebration. Don't own it but have seen it once. Would like to find it.

Eagles - Farewell Melbourne Tour. Got it for Christmas. Can't stop playing it. I hear raves about Hell Freezes Over but have only heard the audio CD of that one. Can it really be better than Farewell Tour? I liked the song selection better on Farewell Melbourne.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts