Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Answer some or all and use any format you desire... this is simply a guideline for those who might find it easy to use.

1. What is your ALL-TIME favorite TV show series? (Even if it no longer airs.)
  2. What are your favorite current TV shows? (Even if they are not in season at the moment.)
  3. What recently aired or new shows are you watching or looking forward to seeing?
  4. What shows did you try out that fizzled out on you and/or outright bombed?
  5. What are your favorite past time shows that you really liked?
1. 24: The way they do the 24 shows representing 24 hours in one day is pretty interesting and the show has always kept my attention.
Battlestar Galactica: I purchased the entire series and got hooked... awesome show.

2. 24
Revenge
American Idol
White Collar
Burn Notice
CSI: Miami
Falling Skies
Law & Order SVU
Person of Interest
Pawn Stars
American Pickers

3. FlashForward: The first show was very interesting and I think I may like this. (It didn't make it!)

Dark Blue: I like the undercoverish nature of the show, but wish they would fore go the risqué scenes. TNT does not mind stretching it to the limits.

4. Fringe: I thought this was going to be one of the best shows I had ever seen when it began last year, but it quickly fizzled out on me. I did not even finish watching out the season after about 3-4 shows. I did pick up the first show of this new season and it was pretty good, but not sure if I will hang in there with it or not. (Lost interest after the first few shows.)

5. Prison Break: I really liked this show, but I am glad it is over. I always wondered how they were going to continue the show after they broke out of prison, but they figured out a way to do it. Despite some blatant plot holes, I hung in there with it until the end.

Alias: Just a really cool show that I wish they would revive.

The Shield: I had to wade through some language on this one, albeit not a terrible lot, and it did get somewhat violent at times.

There are probably some others I have forgotten about... but this is a start anyway.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I would have to say that my all time favorite show is more of a series, I really enjoyed the entire Star Trek series right from the original to the final series Enterprise. No I am not a Trekkie and have never been to a convention but simply enjoyed the shows.

My favorite current TV shows would be Flashpoint, Law and order, Lost and believe it or not Hells kitchen although the language does not impress me.

I am looking forward to seeing the new series Trauma but its hard to say if it can hold on to my interest in the long run.

As far as a series that I just could not get into is the new Battlestar Galactica it gust did not stick close enough to the original series of the 70's.

Shows that I liked in the past were, St Elsewhere, MASH, Sliders, Dukes of Hazard, Quantum Leap and Magnum PI.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Among more recent offerings:

1. The Unit - Is this one coming back?

2. Sarah Connor Chronicles - Is this one coming back too?

3. Criminal Minds

Agreed that Flash Forward looks quite promising.

Leverage just doesn't put it over the top for me.

I tried The Forgotten, but the acting is just not up to speed, seems more like they're phoning it in.

Tim
:drive:

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Well my all time favourite would have to be be the original X- Files, followed closely by 24 and CSI..
LOST looked like it was going to be another one , but I LOST interest in it when nothing was ever explained!!

There has probably been others over my 55 years of adult viewing, but the old brain doeasn't quite stretch that far back these days!..:bigsmile:

The new one FlashForward looks like it could be very good and added to the list..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Let's see...

Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Lost
The Office
CSI, CSI: NY (not a huge fan of CSI: Miami)
Pushing Daisies (too bad this one didn't really catch on)

That's about it for now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
House

Law and Order CI & SVU ( I Love Mariska ) ( Dont tell my wife )

Burn Notice

Thats about it..

I do like to watch Cartoons as well ( Favorite is Scooby Doo )

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Watched another episode of "FlashForward" last night and nearly turned it off..:thumbsdown:

Is anyone else getting the feeling that this is going to be like another "Lost", and just drag on and on with no real answers..and turn into a melodrama?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Favorites:
All 3 CSI's (Miami, Las Vegas and NY), Criminal Minds, Law and Order (CI and SVU), Mentalist, Trauma, The Unit, Numbers, Smallville, Heroes.

Old favorites (off air, whis some to come back):
Shark, Cane, Knight Rider, Miami Vice, AirWolf, Nash Bridges....

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prof... well there is the one character from Lost on there... not sure if that is the episode you viewed.

I am going to hang in there with it for this season to see where it takes me, so far I am liking it, but it could turn me off.

I watched Fringe again... trying to get back into it for this season, but this past show was not good for me... kind of stupid.

David... you brought back some memories for me. A few shows I had forgot about. Man... what happened to Shark? That was a great show... if you like James Wood, which I do.

And Cane... whoa... what a show. I cannot believe it did not make it.

I liked Nash and Miami Vice... wish they both would come back, but ole Don is getting on up there in age, not sure he would be the right guy or not, although I always liked him in those parts, actually they are the only shows I liked him in.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
... you brought back some memories for me. A few shows I had forgot about. Man... what happened to Shark? That was a great show... if you like James Wood, which I do.

And Cane... whoa... what a show. I cannot believe it did not make it...
Have you seen: The Good wife??? ....I think is similar to Shark (but main character is a woman.

I think that the problem with Caine was the writers strike, Remember??? ....but Who knows.

I forgot to add to my favorites: NCIS and the new NCIS Los Angeles.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Prof... well there is the one character from Lost on there... not sure if that is the episode you viewed.
Really!!..I haven't spotted him yet..unless he's someone I never saw on Lost ..
With a character from Lost included in the cast just makes me more suspicious..and I'm beginning to suspect that this show has been written by the same guy who wrote Lost!!

I am going to hang in there with it for this season to see where it takes me, so far I am liking it, but it could turn me off.
I'll hang in there for a few more episodes myself, but if it doesn't come up with any plausible answers soon, that will be it for me..
Another station here runs The Mentalist at the same time slot, and I've always enjoyed that show..

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
All time favorites include MASH, Hill Street Blues, Star Trek.

Currently I like NCIS sometimes a lot, sometimes it is just silly. I like Sons of Anarchy a lot. I think it is one of the best dramas around right now. I like drama that demonstrates the complexity of people living on the edge of morality and how they manage their own "ethics" within their social context. It reminds me of the Godfather movies.

As for shows that dudded for me, 24 is one of them. It should have gone one or two seasons and quit.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Nope... not a J.J. Abrams show. He is really pretty good, just got a bit carried away with Lost.

The character dupe is Charlie.

Charlie!!.I haven't spotted him, unless his appearance is different..
I think we might be a few episodes behind you..

You might want to stay to the end. Check this out: Producer: Why Flash Forward won't drive you crazy like Lost

Apparently, others have the same idea you do.
Wow!..that is encouraging..I will definitely stick it out to the end of this series..
Thanks for that..:T

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
All time favorites include MASH, Hill Street Blues, Star Trek.
Ah!..Star Trek..How could I have left that off my all time favourites..:doh:

I watched the very first episode on TV and never stopped over all those years..including the Original Series, Generations, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise..

It would have to be my all time favourite TV show! :T

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I will always remember the double episode with the Spock and Captain Pike incident. My first wife went into labor with my eldest son while we were watching a rerun of that one.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
I remember Captain Pike..but I wouldn't have a clue where I was at the time..nor for any other episodes for that matter..
I've watched Star Trek in 4 different States..including 16 different houses!!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
My favorite Star Trek series are the original and Enterprise. Well, also any episodes with Seven-of-nine in them.:R

1 - 20 of 136 Posts