Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Favorite show nobody watched is definitely Sports Night. Too bad Netflix ditched it, only on Amazon now...Or the FXX network if you got that. Don't remember who said it, but "It's a show about a show about sports that isn't about sports at all." (or something like that) Aaron Sorkin fans would probably like it, he wrote it.

:cool:

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Favorite show nobody watched is definitely Sports Night. Too bad Netflix ditched it, only on Amazon now...Or the FXX network if you got that. Don't remember who said it, but "It's a show about a show about sports that isn't about sports at all." (or something like that) Aaron Sorkin fans would probably like it, he wrote it.

:cool:
I like Aaron Sorkin shows. I may have to look this one up. Have you seen The Newsroom?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like Aaron Sorkin shows. I may have to look this one up. Have you seen The Newsroom?
I like The Newsroom. Sports Night is a comedy, so it's lighter, but there's a nice mix of drama in there also. That's part of what makes it so good. It's not like the typical sitcom that's all laugh it up stuff. It's got quite the cast too...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I guess I like darker shows:

#1 Justified - this great show is based on a short story, Fire in the Hole, by one of my favorite writers, Elmore Leonard, who sadly died a couple months ago. The writing is first-rate and the cast is excellent. Timothy Oliphant brings some real humor to U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, although just his name breaks me up.

#2 Copper - hard to tell the coppers from the crooks. Hmmmmm.....maybe today's coppers should be more like them?????

#3 Longmire - Are you kidding me? Wyoming - Cowboys - Hardcases - a Sheriff who may have murdered his wife's murderer????? What more could you want.

#4 Low Winter Sun - The darkest of all of them, about two Detroit cops who start the series by killing another cop. The photography is outstanding, showing that crummy city as it really is.

#5 Hell on Wheels - this thing is far too formulaic but they hooked me early on. How could you not like a story about building the trans-continental railroad and the adventures that follow. Still, it feels like they're writing it as they go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Low Winter Sun is a good show. Copper, on the other hand, moved way too slowly for me.
One man's slow is another man's crazy fast. I didn't know it was cancelled. Sorry to hear that.

Hey! Copper Corcoran even killed the ward boss, Donavan, at the end of last year. How can you not like a cop who kills a crooked politician (crooked politician? Oh wait! That's an oxymoron).

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Actually I think "honest politician" would be an oxymoron.

I guess I missed Copper, as I had never heard of it until today. Then did a search on it and realized it has been cancelled. It looks like it was a BBC show.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Actually I think "honest politician" would be an oxymoron.

I guess I missed Copper, as I had never heard of it until today. Then did a search on it and realized it has been cancelled. It looks like it was a BBC show.
Hah! Had to laugh at that one, Sonnie. Where was my head. "Crooked politician" is just......well.......it's just fact. :R

It was a BBC show. I'm a big fan of one of the producers, Barry Levinson. He's done some great movies in his career, many about my home turf, Baltimore.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm a huge TV buff, so it's hard for me to pick just the top 5..

#1. LOST
#2. Dexter
#3. King of Queens
#4. Sons of Anarchy
#5. Walking Dead

My other faves are..
Everybody Love Raymond...Tales from the Crypt..Twilight Zone...The Munsters...Home Improvement...Seinfeld

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
The wife and I are still working our way through the Breaking Bad series. We've made it to episode 9 of season 4 and I think this is far and away the best tv show I've ever watched. I was always a big fan of The X Files (David Duchovny version) but this series is better. Highly recommended if you have yet to watch it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've just recently started to watch newer shows. My usual was always Seinfeld, how it's made and what not. Really got into Breaking Bad and Dexter. Both are excellent shows.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I have watched all of the seasons of American Horror Story and now started to watch Freak Show. Has anyone watched Freak Show yet? The new season aired this past Wednesday on FX.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOW, where to start...

Scrubs
Frasier
Seinfeld
Northern Exposure
The Honeymooners
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Impractical Jokers
The King of Queens
Family Guy
Flashpoint
House
Criminal Minds
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
Leverage
The X-Files
The Twilight Zone
M*A*S*H*
Smallville
The Odd Couple
All in the Family
Married with Children
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Late Night with David Letterman

I started out really REALLY liking The Big Bang Theory but that just fell apart around season four. It went from this very cool, nerdy show to an extremely typical sit-com for the Friends type crowd. Complete sell-out.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts