·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a simple question..

At what FR can the FBQ operate??

I have one already running my SW's which will probably run between 2
0-80hz.
But can I add a second one to do the range from about 80-600hz??

I know a deq could do it,but I suppose I'm just trying to keep the mids out of ant extra AD/DA coversion.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
I am not sure if the FBQ is the same, but the DCXs range can be extended by using a low Q filter at the low/high end of its range. Such use extends the function of such units, but is not as accurate. If used in such a way proper loop back measurement would be recommended before real world implementation.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts
But can I add a second one to do the range from about 80-600hz??
Sure, as long as you're using an outboard amp for the mids. The only way to connect an equalizer is between the pre-amp and amp.

I know a deq could do it,but I suppose I'm just trying to keep the mids out of ant extra AD/DA coversion.
You'd be surprised how sonically pure the conversion is on digital gear these days, even cheap stuff like Behringer. It won't be a problem as long as you're using a good equalizer. If you notice any audible artifacts, then upgrade the equalizer.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, as long as you're using an outboard amp for the mids. The only way to connect an equalizer is between the pre-amp and amp.
Thanks Wayne,yes my system is active with amps for each driver.
Ok great so I can plug another FBQ into the bass driver output from my RaneAC23..:)

You'd be surprised how sonically pure the conversion is on digital gear these days, even cheap stuff like Behringer. It won't be a problem as long as you're using a good equalizer. If you notice any audible artifacts, then upgrade the equalizer.
Regards,
Wayne
Cheers thanks,atm the the FBQ is doing the eq/peq and no probs so far.

Also so I don't start another thread..

Is it possible to get an extension lead for midi connection??

The one on the edirol is very short.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cheers thanks,atm the the FBQ is doing the eq/peq and no probs so far.

Also so I don't start another thread..

Is it possible to get an extension lead for midi connection??

The one on the edirol is very short.
I use a pair of 5Mtr (in/out) leads with my USB/Midi adapter with no know issues.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts
Excellent thanks,just makes me wonder why people use it just for bass??
Because most people don't have separate amplification. Upgrading from a basic receiver, which is what most people have, to all the additional hardware needed to accommodate full-range equalization is a big-buck proposition, even if you buy used gear. Not to mention the required real estate in the equipment rack...

For most people with a late-model receiver, the on-board equalization is adequate or their needs, especially with the more upscale receivers.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use a pair of 5Mtr (in/out) leads with my USB/Midi adapter with no know issues.
Jaycar??

Because most people don't have separate amplification. Upgrading from a basic receiver, which is what most people have, to all the additional hardware needed to accommodate full-range equalization is a big-buck proposition, even if you buy used gear. Not to mention the required real estate in the equipment rack...

For most people with a late-model receiver, the on-board equalization is adequate or their needs, especially with the more upscale receivers.

Regards,
Wayne

ofcourse thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Possibly, although most if not all musical instrument shops would also stock them. You can also use a USB extension as an alternative method, i.e., have the adapter located at the crossover instead of at the computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts