Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got the USB soundblaster up and running, calibrated everything and ran some sweeps. Everything works fine until I enter filters into the FBQ then I get no sound on the next sweep and the only remedy is removing the filters or hitting the bypass button. What am I not doing right?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
What am I not doing right?
For subwoofer graphs, please use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz) using the Graph Limits button in the top right corner of REW.

Everything works fine until I enter filters into the FBQ
What method are you using to enter your filters?

brucek

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Push the PEQ button
turned on channel ( have tried 1,2 ect and 19,20 ect)
Push FREQ button and adjust
Push GAIN button and adjust
Push BANDWIDTH button and adjust
Push PEQ button and run REW

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Push the PEQ button
turned on channel ( have tried 1,2 ect and 19,20 ect)
Push FREQ button and adjust
Push GAIN button and adjust
Push BANDWIDTH button and adjust
Push PEQ button and run REW
Be sure all the filters in the channel are set to parametric.

Remove all the filters and then play a tone with REW's Signal Generator (i.e. 50Hz) and have the tone coming through your sub (low volume). Then play with a single filter at 50Hz on the FBQ while the tone is playing to see what happens......

brucek

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just figured it out I think, in order to save the setting the unit has to be powered off then on again:nerd::rolleyesno:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its an IB set up with 4-18" FiCars and a EP4000 with a FBQ used for movies only. I also have 2-15" sealed boxs in the rear corners for music only. The main speakers have 2 15" woofers per side. The graph is of the IB only I haven't had the time to set up the rears and intagrate the main woofs yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The waterfall plot is not looking so good from 15-80hz, even at 500ms never touches the floor. all the room treatments are in except for the carpet and 2 2'x7'x2" 703 traps on the ceiling between the screen and the projector. I have a 2x3' area behind the main speakers that has a 24" floor to ceiling corner traps, I wonder if I bought some more bags if insulation and stacked them in front of the corner traps behind the speakers if that would help? how much does carpet help with ringing bass?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
how much does carpet help with ringing bass?
Best to ask acoustic related questions in the acoustics section of the forum. They're more equipped there to follow up on your questions..

brucek

1 - 14 of 14 Posts