Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got the USB soundblaster up and running, calibrated everything and ran some sweeps. Everything works fine until I enter filters into the FBQ then I get no sound on the next sweep and the only remedy is removing the filters or hitting the bypass button. What am I not doing right?

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Push the PEQ button
turned on channel ( have tried 1,2 ect and 19,20 ect)
Push FREQ button and adjust
Push GAIN button and adjust
Push BANDWIDTH button and adjust
Push PEQ button and run REW

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its an IB set up with 4-18" FiCars and a EP4000 with a FBQ used for movies only. I also have 2-15" sealed boxs in the rear corners for music only. The main speakers have 2 15" woofers per side. The graph is of the IB only I haven't had the time to set up the rears and intagrate the main woofs yet.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The waterfall plot is not looking so good from 15-80hz, even at 500ms never touches the floor. all the room treatments are in except for the carpet and 2 2'x7'x2" 703 traps on the ceiling between the screen and the projector. I have a 2x3' area behind the main speakers that has a 24" floor to ceiling corner traps, I wonder if I bought some more bags if insulation and stacked them in front of the corner traps behind the speakers if that would help? how much does carpet help with ringing bass?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.