Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!
doesn't the 2496 have the ability to show output levels on the leds?
only "clip" led that shows when output is too high?....no "warnings before"?..no, how much headrom you may have left?:unbelievable:
/H

·
Registered
275 Posts
Without an output VU meter/clip light, is it fair to say that if you only use cut filters that the output wouldn't be clipped as long as the input doesn't show as clipping? Or not that simple?

Is the above true for both the FBQ2496 and the DSP1124P ?

Tim
:drive:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The delay compensation would be the same for the 2496 as the 1124....
aaah..ok thanks! thought that only where for the dsp models.. :)

Without an output VU meter/clip light, is it fair to say that if you only use cut filters that the output wouldn't be clipped as long as the input doesn't show as clipping? Or not that simple?
Tim
most truly..... was thinking if someone..... i know...we can call him john doe:bigsmile: (not ME of course):heehee:.... whould want to boost some freq..then it whould be handy to see the headroom..:daydream:

thanks all pro's/H

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Without an output VU meter/clip light, is it fair to say that if you only use cut filters that the output wouldn't be clipped as long as the input doesn't show as clipping?
It's just that simple - yep.

then it whould be handy to see the headroom
If your input level is set such that there is no headroom at the input, then any gain will clip the output. You must always lower the input level to below maximum with a BFD when you add any gain.

brucek

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thank you bruce. I always appreciate your direct to the point answers. :wave:

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.