Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I'm not sure what or how to say it but after 23yrs my wife and I are a world apart and I fear heading to divorce. Please pray that my wife and I find happiness in whatever the outcome may be.
I am sorry to hear this. I usually don't comment within the Care Chapel but after reading your post felt compelled to respond. I am on my second marriage and my first was my high school sweetheart. We were young and I made many mistakes along the way that in the end of our 17 year marriage eventually doomed us. Today we are friends and my current wife and ex-wife often talk and plan events together involving my children. I hope that you are able to work things out but in the event you both deem that implausible there is light at the end of the tunnel and sometimes relationships and marriage can be better the second time around. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I am sorry to hear this.
Have you guys tried counseling?
23 years is a long time together to be thrown away. Try to solve the issues you may have and pray together.
Wishing you both well.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear this Donnie. Prayers are with you and your wife. Seak help from your local church or marriage counselor. After 23 years there must be something that triggered this and it must be fixable.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Sorry to hear that as well. I have been there twice now, both were about 12 year relationships, and it is never easy. Hope things work out for the best whichever way things go.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Sorry to hear it, but all relationships have problems. The trick is being able to identify the problem & then be willing to fix/work on it. It takes both parties and a good counselor. One that can remain objective and not take sides (which is hard to find, believe it or not!). I would start in church, most have faith based programs & people that care. Interview several before choosing. Have a list of criteria & discuss it with each counselor during the interview.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sorry to hear this Donnie. I have been married twice & much happier 2nd time around. The last time I saw my 1st wife we had a chat & realized we are both much happier now in our current relationships. I know your going through a difficult time but it will get better. Just give it time & stay strong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts