Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Re: Well...I'm at it again!!!

That's pretty flat response! So which setting have you decided to stick with? I'm not sure if you have a BFD or not, but if you do, I think I'd go with the 12Hz filter, but a small boost around 17Hz to take care of that little drop, and you're looking great!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

we were getting some port noise on the sweeps with the 16Hz setting, so we set it at 20Hz. During movies, there is no port noise on the 16Hz setting though. We calibrated for 20, but I told him he could set it at 16 if he think he can tell any difference. I think being flat to just under 20 is a good achievment regardless of the setting. No...no BFD. The amp has a single parametric equalizer and his receiver has equalizers for 5 or 6 preset frequencies. We used all of the equalizers to get as flat a response as possible at the seating position.

Unfortunatley, there isn't much room for the speakers on the side of the TV. He is going to build some stands to bring the LR speakers up to the same height as the center and also angle them up slightly.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

I guess being flat to under 20Hz is a pretty impressive feat for a 12" driver... in fact, I completely forgot you were just using a 12 and I just assumed it was a 15 until I read Steve's comment. In that case I'd opt for driver protection over a little more extension as well. But impressive results in any case!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts