Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm in the process of moving into a new house, and the cinema room has a hole in the wall to an adjacent storage space. This hole is 75x84 cm and should be perfect for an IB. The downside is that the hole isn't centered on the front wall, it's off to the right a fair bit (1/3 of the wall width, approx.)

So, since this hole is the only practical opportunity for an IB, and i don't really know how it will work i need a contingency plan. So, whatif I put the IB3s in a pretty big box and use them as sealed subs if the IB doesn't work out? Anyone head IB3s in a sealed configuration? I am planning a 4 driver manifold, or four separate boxes og 500liters each.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So, whatif I put the IB3s in a pretty big box and use them as sealed subs if the IB doesn't work out?
Simulation looks decent, even 500 liter/driver is bit smallish. (Qtc=0.84)

Hope your IB location works for your listening position and you don't have to go with sealed boxes. Other options is moving listening position, making acoustic better or equing peaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, or selling the IB3s and getting Beyma 18SW1600Nd in 300liter ported enclosures tuned to 18Hz. That is a safer bet, but I'd LOVE to hear an IB in my house.

Thanks for looking over the sim, I've kinda come to the same conclusion. The IB3 is designed for IB and the box is a big compromise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts