Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Australian Contingent , Platinum Supporter
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The IB system is well into the planning stages, but now I'm deciding whether I should go with 4-8 locally (Australian) drivers (Venoms), or splash out and buy a bunch of Fi Q15s or Q18s.

The excursion certainly outranks the Venoms (27mm vs 15mm), but as a mate pointed out, with enough drivers it doesn't matter that much.

I'm more interested in the *musicality* of the Qs. Are they accurate? Punchy? The IB will be used equally for home theatre and music.

Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
My LLT is using a FI Q 15" dual 1Ohm. I really like this sub, performs excellent and just how i like it. I personally have only really had experience with really highend pre made subs (fathom, James) and then the ****** ones my friends have, and my LLT. I may not be the best judge but i really really like this sub, allot. excursion seems limitless and is definetly punchy once you get a few watts goin to it.

From what i hear and read about FI is that the Q is the most musical of their subs, but not as musical as say some of the TC sounds drivers. the Q has a bit of spl built into it making it waver a little from being totally musical but alas its exactly what i was lookin for.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think the Q18s look fine John
I'd use them over multiple venoms myself (about 4 to 1) and they don't need so much work to manifold either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts