Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thanks to the great deal I managed to get from Sonnie I am getting ready to do 2 manifolds each with 2 18's. They will be installed in a full open basement, I am planning on using a inuke 6000dsp to power them, will this be ok power wise? And what sort of feedback can I get from fellow members about using these in a infinite baffle setup?
I have researched quite a bit and reading over at the cult and many comments and post claim these are better than the ib subs they sell? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't have Winisd on hand but modeling them sealed in an extremly large enclosure should tell you how much power they need before getting in danger zone. From experience I would say that the Inuke 6000 is probably overkill.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I'm running 2x18" FI IB3 manifold using the inuke 6000, have been for over a year now, personally I would go with one of these for the money. I compared it to a behringer 4000 I had and they seemed to yield similar output, however the Behringer was bridged, so the inuke offered me 2 channels which I was after, I use the spare channel to run a Quake 10B. I also have a 4x15" FI IB3 in manifold, I run these of a QSC RMX 2450 'bridged'.

I'm sure you've read this but I will stress, positioning of the IB's is key to success. Don't be afraid to run them front and back of your room if this helps with the bass response. This is what I do to great effect, there was no other way of removing the null I was sat in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The wife was kind enough to surprise me with a inuke 300dsp. So now I am wondering how I could wire 4 2 ohm subs to get the most power out of this amp. Is it possibble to wire 2 sets of 2 in parallel which equals a 1 ohm load the wire those in series at the amp bridged for a 4 ohm bridged?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they are officially built and installed. Just waiting on my cables so we can fire them up. I can't wait. But the wife sure can. Lol
ForumRunner_20141220_131002.png

ForumRunner_20141220_131015.png

ForumRunner_20141220_131042.png

ForumRunner_20141220_131057.png

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Looking good. Once up and running, are you able to check the bass response from the main listening position using REW?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sweet. From what everyone says IB is the way to go if you can make it work. I am waiting for a friend or a neighbor to do one so I can listen to one

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Orion...if your by chance near Ohio feel free to contact me to check it out.
First impressions are lasting impressions for sure. This has by far exceeded my hopes or expectations. Without any eq or running any room correction it is absolutely effortless. But capable of knocking your on your rear at any given surprising moment.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I wish I were. I moved from Minnesota to South Dakota 3 years ago. I have 1 Mfw 15 and one now upgraded to a turbo . it would always. Be better to have more but I have to be content with what I have for now

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where are the subs located in relation to the seating? Also, have you done any EQ'ing yet? I'm interested in your impressions after the EQ, especially since you said the initial sound was good. And was there a reason you chose to mount the subs inside the box version from the outside? I'm wanting to know because I plan on building my manifold in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just out of curiosity, where are the subs located in relation to the seating? Also, have you done any EQ'ing yet? I'm interested in your impressions after the EQ, especially since you said the initial sound was good. And was there a reason you chose to mount the subs inside the box version from the outside? I'm wanting to know because I plan on building my manifold in the next couple of weeks.
Sorry for the late response. Been busy with other house projects. I have never got around to doing any eq but will at some point. I am pleased with it just as it is but believe it could be better. Boosting the lower end might be to much for me. As it is it makes the house feel as if it is going to crumble from the foundation.
My main seating is roughly 15 feet away from them. Feel free to ask away if you want any more info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts