Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my RSW-15 blew up and was thing about doing home made Sub box. So this is what I have to work with 20.5" H 22" W 26" Deep. The question is would a FI SP4 15 or 18 work with this much space? So I have ruffly 6 cube whats your thoughts? Ported or sealed ep 4000?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
That gives you a smidge just under 5 cu ft if you use 1" material. Stuff the box and you could bring up the Q a bit. You could get away with this for the 18" version. It would give you a qtc off around 0.8 which will be fine. Just add some EQ. I don't have the 15" winisd file but that would work for sure, maybe in a smaller box.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Here is a 15" SP4 compared to a 18" SP4.

The 15" driver is in a 2.5 cu ft box and the 18" in a 6 cu ft.

The qtc of the 15" driver is 0.697 and the 18" is 0.776

The 18" driver with the same input power off 2500 watts has 4db more spl.

If you can go for the slightly bigger box I would go for the 18 as the 18 is not much more expensive to buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't watch much TV this is more for party music. I want to feel like I'm at club Haze in Vegas. I can also do another one on the other side of the of the entertainment center with the same size hole. I built the entertainment center to allow another RSW-15.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Here's a sealed vs ported model off the FI SP4 15" driver.

Ported: 6cu ft tune to 21hz with 2000 watts input power

Sealed: 2.5cu ft with 2500 watts input power.

If you can go to 6 cu ft then I would do two ported tuned to 21hz.

Very impressive for a small box and you could easily watch movies on them too.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I downloaded the winISD program and noticed the FI Q 18 seems to perform just a well as the SP4 15. Not sure how important the Qtc being close to .707 really is? I did the Q 18 at 5 cube, unfortunately that's all the space I have to work with. Going with the Q 18 would save me about 250 if I decide to go with 2 sub setup.
What other subs would you suggest in the FI price range?

I tried to upload the pic of the winISD but couldn't figure out how to shrink the picture and still be visible how do you guys shrink the photos to 1000x1000 or whatever they limit you too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts