Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Today i finally pulled out the credit card and bought a Klipsch RC62II to match my RF35s and i simply cant believe how much difference this speaker has made. I upgraded from the old Synergy SC2, which i thought was pretty decent. This centre speaker is amazing and i cant believe how much stronger and more balanced my system sounds. The best $1,100 NZD i have spent. Incredible is all i can say. My RFs and RC make my 40" look tiny. Im so happy with my fronts and centre now.

Anyone contemplating upgrading to a decent centre speaker definitely go for it. I still cant quite get my head around how much difference it has made.

The old and new

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Awesome! Make sure you pull it forward so its right against the edge of the shelf. It will sound even better.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
That's a very nice upgrade. I'm sure the difference in sound was substantial over the Synergy you previously had.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I think the 64 would of made you want a bigger tv. Congrats on the new toy I'm sure you will love it. You can even buy a wedge they make to angle your speaker up a little it's not klipsch but it may help the sound smack you right in the face that much more. I'm waiting to get a new tv then I want to try my 64 on my old speaker stands.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the 64 would of made you want a bigger tv. Congrats on the new toy I'm sure you will love it. You can even buy a wedge they make to angle your speaker up a little it's not klipsch but it may help the sound smack you right in the face that much more. I'm waiting to get a new tv then I want to try my 64 on my old speaker stands.
Actually i will give that a go. It came with an adjustable bolt that can angle the speaker. I think it needs a tiny bit of tilt. Cheers.

Unfortunately I can't upgrade my tv until we buy a new house in a year or so.

And I saw the 64 at the store when I picked up my 62. Now that is a monster centre speaker. That must sound incredible.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using HT Shack

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
It is nice but when I get it higher I think it will be amazing, I've heard and had smaller at better height and I can't wait to get it higher just waiting to see how Value Electronics shoot out goes before I decide on a new display:).

·
Registered
887 Posts
Good on ya (as they say I've heard)! Yeah, the center channel makes a huge difference when you are at this level of speaker. Those movies that you thought were difficult to hear dialogue in will be much better.

I give you 3 years tops before you go for something better...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts