Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all I just recently finished my setup for our family room/basement here's what I got

sharp 60" led LCD tv
direct tv
pioneer vsx 1021k 7.1 receiver
klipsch quintet speakers L,C,R RearR,RearL
klipsch vs-14 for surrounds
jbl pb-12 powered subwoofer
Sony blu-ray player
nintendo wii
xbox 360

we love it sounds awesome and hardly not a wire showing so my wife really loves it soon as I can add some pics I will post
can't wait to share with my fellow home theater friends

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I went ahead and merged your other thread into this one. One more post and you should be able to post pictures!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HTS. The Klipschs are a fantastic choice as the VSX-1021 did not fare very well when Bench Tested in respect to 5/7 Channel Power. Thanks to the amazing efficiency of the Klipschs, you really are getting the best out of the Pioneer. And I am not sure what MCACC set your Speakers Crossovers to, but I would definitely make sure it is 80hz or higher.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
270 Posts
Neat system, I too have somewhat similar system VSX-1020R with Cornwall's & Heresy's the power output is more than adequate to enjoy movies at above 75db if so inclined. Klipsch Heritage speakers do a fine job on what others may call power starved AVR's. Rock on Klipsch nut!
(Disclaimer: I do have 2 external powered subs)

Try this.
MCACC settings that work for me are,
EQ type FRONT ALIGN instead of default SYMMETRY.
NORMAL SB/FH Speaker system
THX speaker = No
FR, CENT, SURR = Large (no side surrounds)
FR-HT = Small (height channel for Dolby)
Crossover 80Hz
Sub = On (output split to pre MCACC room tuned dual subs using BFD/REW
)

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Put your photos into an editor like Photobucket (if you haven't done so already)..Click on the IMG tag and then just paste into your post..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts