Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial plot:

Corrected:

This is using the full compliment of 12 filters. What I did was first take a measurement and let REW determine the filter set and downloaded them. Then I took another, and added those suggested filters to the 1st set. The results are the corrected graph you see above. I don't think there's anything I can do about that big hump at 17Hz. I'm using dual PB12+/2s stacked on top of each other. The PEQ onboard the SVSs only goes down to 20Hz as well. Short of adding gain to the filters, what else can be done to eq that a bit better? Worth worrying about? I'll tell you this much - the sound is DRAMATICALLY better. The room really moves!!

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
Hi Schwingding,

Unless you want to add a house curve, you're done; that curve looks excellent.

If you're really worried about the hump at 17 Hz, you could cut a little at 20 with a wide bandwidth. You will then end up with too much cut at 21+ Hz, and you may need to gain a little (which, of course, is generally frowned upon). You're also out of filters, and I wouldn't go to the trouble of looping that back into your other channel to try to address this problem; it's not worth it. You might just turn that little rise into the house curve point at 15 or 20 Hz.

Overall, it looks very nice.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I think it looks good as well... and if it sounds good, then that's what you are after... :T

I've got a pair of those SVS subs and they are awesome!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. I just had a thought. (miracles do happen!). I have the native tune of these subs set to 16Hz. I'm going to reset it to 20Hz and see what effect that might have on the hump at 16/17Hz in the graphs above. Will report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts