Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having too many issues with the Behringer UCA202, I bought an m-audio mobilepre and an uncalibrated ecm8000 mic... and they finally arrived.
I did a few quick measurements just to see if it worked any better than the UCA202, and it looks like it works...

first run.jpg

The red_line is using no mic cal file.
The green_line is using the mic cal file from HTS.
The blue_line is using a mic cal file I found elsewhere on the internet.

They all look fairly close to me, but I'm no expert.

Now I get to read, learn, experiment....and hopefully end up with a better sounding system...

View attachment 1.mdat
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,711 Posts
The impulse response looks pretty noisy, may want to experiment a little with the mobilePre gain settings. Also best not to generate the sweep at -3dB FS, that is the maximum span and some devices will suffer distortion when passing a signal that spans the full amplitude range, best using -6dB FS as an upper limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The impulse response looks pretty noisy, may want to experiment a little with the mobilePre gain settings. Also best not to generate the sweep at -3dB FS, that is the maximum span and some devices will suffer distortion when passing a signal that spans the full amplitude range, best using -6dB FS as an upper limit.
I'll experiment with the gain settings and change the sweep setting as well.
I had to turn the AVR volume up pretty high to get near 75db, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to turn things down
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top