Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished putting together my 4 tempest IB this weekend.... I am powering it with the 2 channels of my Crest CPX2600 pro amp at 8 ohms at 500 watts per pair.

I still have to do the eq part..I already own a behringer eq.

Here are some pics for those that are interested to see how this came together.

I haven't played it at extreme levels yet.. cause 2 of the subs are new...got to break them in..first..but this thing moves alot of air.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Yee haw! Another brother :D

Nice looking IB, remember not to boost with the BFD, only cut. I made the mistake of boosting and it will clip your amp big time.

Darren

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Great job! Now I want an IB :bigsmile:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree, looks great! What drivers are those? Excellent choice on amps BTW. The Crest will pound like noone's business.

Best,
Mark

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys..Mark, those are Tempests.

I got a RS digital SL meter... and I know this subject has been discussed to the ground... but I need someone to explain to me as if I was a child. :jump:

I got a soundblaster live 5.1 sound card on my pc...I downloaded REQW... now what?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am trying to setup my EQ...caused right now I am running it sort of blind...even though the wall is a 2 by 6 structure it wants to come apart...and too many things are starting to make noise the ajoining room behind my HT is rendered useless when this thing is blasting away... making it very unconfortable to sit in with the back wave exiting there .. I played a few tracks from U571..the depth charges... and even though my house has a solid 10 thick concrete foundation ... I felt the entire floor ripple under my feet....:dizzy: I can't wait to tune it up....my room is 275 square FT...with 7 foot ceilings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts