Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just joined the forums - from Syracuse NY!
Here's the equipment and a few pics of our media room in a finished basement.

Sony 52" LCD
Onkyo 806
HTPC
F3/C3/S3 Klipsch
Dual sub-12's
GIK traps

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
Very nice, good to see the attention paid to the acoustics of the room. Looks like you've got a little tidying to do with some wires though :)

Are you using a frontend for your HTPC?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, good to see the attention paid to the acoustics of the room. Looks like you've got a little tidying to do with some wires though :)
Haha :) I plan to fish those wires through the back wall and through the outlets in the back.

Are you using a frontend for your HTPC?
No frontend, actually I just posted a massive thread on my HTPC here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
that room looks very nice. one thing that I would try...is moving your center channel as far forward as possible on that shelf...even if you have to slide the dvd player forward too. Being in between the two pieces of glass like that can cause some comb filtering that can affect the sound of that speaker.

Just a suggestion of something to try and if you don't like it you can move it back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SQCherokee you're right - since those pics were taken i've gotten rid of the cable box and moved the DVD Player on top of the HTPC. Sounds better than before after tuning, dialogue is clear and has better presence. What I might try is moving it further forward and pushing the HTPC/Receiver back a bit.

Here is what it looks like now:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts