Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hello fellas!
At just over 4 times Vas, my rig is arguably "Infinite", but it gives me a "warm fuzzy" to think that it is. So there. :yes:

Drivers: (4) 15" HawthorneAudio Sterling Silver Iris Augies
Amp: Legion 800watt two channel

The IB is behind and below my 140" projection screen. It required the removal of two oak doors in the cabinetry and plenty of cabinet reinforcement.
Here's a few photos with notes:

NOTE:
-Please ignore the wiring.:sarcastic:
-The white panel at the top of the photo is the projection screen.
-Three glued and nailed layers of MDF line the inside of the cabinet 'throat' for strengh

NOTE:
-Main Baffle is two inches thick.
-Gasket to flush mount against back of cabinetry.
-T-Nuts galore

NOTE:
-A 'full frontal' shot of the room. See the IB tucked in there? Just waiting for an innocent bystander to pass by. :boxer:
-All nine 15inchers ready for battle! :yes:

After the first day with this, I can see what all the fuss is about. These things are COOL!

Bob

·
Registered
443 Posts
{sorry for the delay, I didn't get email notification} :huh:

I agree an IB is kinda of a crazy, wacked out thing to have. They're also very hard to pass the WAF when you talk about cutting large (permament) holes in the house. ha ha

But I figured that SURELY someone had built one in the past three years.
My comment was more of a "bump", than anything. :wave:

Bob

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks Moonfly!
They're 15 inch "Sterling Augies" from Hawthorne Audio.
Actually, they're four of the eight prototype drivers in existance. As it turns out, the designer of the driver didn't decide to continue the model, so there will never be any more.

If you're interested, > HERE'S < the build thread from four years ago.

Bob

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cool, thank you for the information on the clock, neighbor(ish). ;)
I want build a "Wood Block Clock" (Google images of that) and install it in my equipment rack like you did.
It needs to be a large clock, as it'll be fairly far away from the seated position, but I want it to be "camouflaged" behind wood. I don't have a HTPC, so I'm still in the market for a "plain ol clock".

I'll definitely check out the build thread, that room has much more creativity than most (mine included).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.