Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My home theater has been completed since roughly March 2015.

No need to go into the virtues of an IB setup in this forum :T So I'l cut to the chase....

Eight FiCar IB318's powered by a Sanway FP14000 (240VAC).

Since IB setups do not have the luxury of being able to move the sub around to find the best placement to smooth response, I decided to place the drivers around the room to help smooth the frequency response as much as possible before any post EQ'ing.

The effort paid off! Four drivers mounted in the front of the room, two per side, and a pair of drivers in each rear corner of the room.

My intentions were to cover all the subs with a grill. This is why they are all inset, so the grill will be flush, but in the end, I enjoy seeing the drivers. I enjoy seeing ALL the speakers :D , which is why none are hidden.

·
Registered
11 Posts
WOOOOWWWW!!!!
That's an amazing looking room. Just, wow.

Odd question, I know, but where did you get that clock?
I'm looking for a large one like that.

TY Bob! (I'm a Rob)

It's a 10" USB LCD monitor connected to my media Server which is hidden just behind it in the rack. Just below it is my HTPC.

I looked it up on line and the prices they are asking now are CRAZY !!!!

Looks like BB online is the cheapest place I can find in a really quick search :
http://www.walmart.com/ip/DoubleSight-Displays-DS-10U/36141419

I think I paid around $90-100 12-18 months ago. I simply turn the contrast all the way down. It's NOT distracting in the slightest and is really nice to have for a quick update on the time and EASY to read.

I have a complete build thread which has all the most recent pics/info in the first post located HERE.:unbelievable:

BTW, I'm originally from Belleville, IL.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cool, thank you for the information on the clock, neighbor(ish). ;)
I want build a "Wood Block Clock" (Google images of that) and install it in my equipment rack like you did.
It needs to be a large clock, as it'll be fairly far away from the seated position, but I want it to be "camouflaged" behind wood. I don't have a HTPC, so I'm still in the market for a "plain ol clock".

I'll definitely check out the build thread, that room has much more creativity than most (mine included).

41 - 47 of 47 Posts