Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At our current home, life forces me to use our living room as a living space and our home theater. My wife is pretty cool about letting me get what I want (within reason) and rarely vetoes anything based on looks. The only heartburn this set up caused was covering putting stuff in front of the fireplace. Luckily, we live in Alabama, so it's only cold enough a total of a week or two a year to use it. We are moving next summer to a bigger house and a dedicated HT room is on our wish list. When I wen the current route, I wanted to make it two channel focused and able to perform well for HT instead of the reverse. For now, here are pics of the living room. Equipment:

Preamp: McIntosh C2500
Processor: McIntosh MX136
Blu-Ray: Oppo 103D
Left Front Amp: McIntosh MC352
Right Front Amp: McIntosh MC352
Center and Surround Amp: McIntosh MC7205
Fronts: B&W N802's
Center: B&W HTM1
Rears: B&W SCMS
Sub: SVS SB13 Ultra
TV: Panasonic TC-P60ST50

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Pictures are showing up fine now. That's a beautiful system. I really like the way the amp platforms match the speakers (as well as the eqipment rack). Are they a custom job? I can see why the wife doesn't complain much!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
That is a nice setup. Question.. When you turn the lights off, does all the equipment light show up? Can you dim the equipment light or they stay on all the time? I am sure you will enjoy this setup for a long time. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a nice setup. Question.. When you turn the lights off, does all the equipment light show up? Can you dim the equipment light or they stay on all the time? I am sure you will enjoy this setup for a long time. :)
Ha. Yes, you can turn off the lights on all the McIntosh gear. I probably use the system for 2 channel audio about 60% of the time and watching recorded TV or live sports 30%. The 10% I watch movies and turn off all the light in the house, I turn off the lights on the equipment too. Part of the fun listening to music is watching those meters dance though!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Awesome setup...must sound fantastic!

·
Registered
69 Posts
That rack looks beautiful with all that Macintosh gear. Good choice of speakers too.
One thing you need is a much larger screen :D
Awesome system :T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts