Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With quite a number of our members living in Australia I am saddened by the fires that have caused so much grief and destruction down there.
My understanding is that at least some of the fires have been caused by arson and the death toll is well over 100, entire towns have been destroyed and many lives have been touched by it all.

My prayers are with all whom have been affected by this.

Tony

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
:rubeyes:

Hopefully they will control those fires, I know how they must feel (here is SoCal we have a lot of those every year), most of the time they're near mountains ...the closest to me was a couple of years ago (it lasted a week), is sad when you go out and see the sky black and orange for all the smoke, cars covers with ashes, hard to breath, etc. :sad:

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
It has been an absolutely horrendous tragedy for the people of Victoria and for all Australians, who are all reeling in shock at was has happened..

Last count..171 dead..750 homes lost...and they believe the death toll could reach 200..
And has been mentioned, some fires were deliberately lit..and then re-lit!!..

The Prime Minister of Australia has stated that who ever is responsible for lighting these fires, they will be charged with mass murder...and so they should be..

Australians have dug deep into their pockets to help these people, and so far $16,000,000 has been raised..

My heart felt prayers go out to all the people who have lost family members..

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My heart continues to be saddened by the huge loss of life by these fires (over 200 now). I pray peace upon a nation who is grieving.
These fires are relentless and with the weekend approaching along with forecasted hotter weather again this seems so hopeless. I also pray that the fire fighters can get this under control.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Your prayers are much appreciated Tony..
Many people are praying for these fires to be extinguished, as they relentlessly continue on..
Now, more towns are under threat with the temperature rising again, and there are mass evacuations continuing..
I pray that there will be no more loss of life..:praying:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts