Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read that the first 8k televisions are becoming available from the news ticker on Comcast. It said Sharp is releasing them at $133,000. The time line is a quarter earlier than I projected when I did some research on it last summer when deciding to skip 4k and go with the 7150 series. Price is also $33,000 more than my projections were as well. Intrigued to read more details about it, and see what Samsung, LG, Sony, & Panasonic introduce them at.
Intend to purchase one in 2019 - 2020 when the 8k content will becoming available. Only 8k content I'm aware of is the 2020 Olympics in Japan that will be entirely broadcast in the impressive format. Really want to see one with my own eyes as well. Read an article where someone had seen the display in a show in Europe. It had a strawberry pictured on the TV in 8k. Next to the TV was a real strawberry, and on the other side a painting of a strawberry. The reviewer said he had to get within
3-4 inches of the TV to be able to determine that the strawberry was not real. Sounds very cool, yet things are seemingly Always overhyped as of late. Hope to see one soon

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Well considering that 4K has hardly even hit the ground I'm skeptical that 8k will be a reality in homes for a very long time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would be much more excited about a 12 bit, High Dynamic Range, P3 digital cinema color gamut, 1080p or 2160p display. Resolution is pretty far down on the list of important image quality characteristics.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Wanting a new 8k TV... Zero Dollars Proper use of the phrase "I couldn't care less"... One Thousand Dollars Buying a new 8k TV... (practically) Priceless :whistling:
Sweet!!! I just made a grand! Oh wait....
Thanks Lou, that's one of my "favorites". As is "hot water heater ". Lol

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
LOL, personally I just want to see an affordable 4k projector. That will be my next upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts