Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not the best but it's mine!! This is my first attempt. Have to say I'm pretty proud. No rattle's, chuffs, or buzz's. I wanted to trim it out but, I'm afraid it'll vibrate the trim and make noise. I haven't built a cover yet but, have the material.

I'm not a pro and don't have any SPL meters or anything so all I can do is tell you I was surprised. Sounds very smooth and makes movie watching much more fun. It's just not quite enough for the room though.

Can't wait until the wife let's me build another. Wanting to go with a Dayton RSS315HF-4 12" or Dayton TIT320C-4 12" Titanic Mk III powered by 500W BASH from Parts Express. Any comments?

Thanks to all who commented and helped me with this. Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations! The box looks very good as it is, and as they say: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. So you can pat yourself in the back and just sit back and enjoy the sub :)

PS. Is that piano black finish on the sub?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Finished product looks good! Some info on it would be nice. What's the subs model number and what is the net volume and tuning frequency of the cabinet?
You should know you spec'd it for me. : ) It's a Fosgate P212S8 6ft3 box tuned 18hz. It's a car sub I had and figured it'd be a good trial run for me. Like I said it's just not enough to fill the room. I want to go with a Dayton RSS315HF-4 12" or Dayton TIT320C-4 12" Titanic Mk III next time.

On the finish I used a oil based primer with a coat of High Gloss oil based RustOleum branded paint from Lowes. Gave me a good tough finish to stand up to the 2 yr old. : ) I planned on spraying it on but, things come up and wound up using foam brushes. They do a pretty good job in hiding strokes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir I did. I don't have much of a steady hand but, I took it apart so a guy I work with could solder in the correct transistors. Took all of 20 min to get it tore down, soldered in, and put back together.

Thanks again for your help. FYI, I read up on the WinISD and was able to reproduce the spec's you gave me. I'm confident that I will be able to spec out my next one on my own. Yay me!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that's great! Really has the low end where the Fosgate is weakest. Don't know about using the same box though. Building it is half the fun! ; )

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts