Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just got a BFD and this is my first crack at using REW.
How do these look?

Text Blue White Line Plot

Text Blue White Line Purple

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. The end result produced a much tighter bass and does sound quite good compared to no EQ.

George

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, lsiberian,

Right now I have the fronts and center crossed at 60Hz with the sub set to 120Hz. That is where they were set for all measurments and adjustments. I can't set the sub any higher on my UMC-1. So do you think I should try changing the main's crossovers?

George

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Thanks, lsiberian,

Right now I have the fronts and center crossed at 60Hz with the sub set to 120Hz. That is where they were set for all measurments and adjustments. I can't set the sub any higher on my UMC-1. So do you think I should try changing the main's crossovers?

George
Try crossing at 80hz most speakers in my experience roll-off at 80hz. Your subs crossover should be disabled or maxed if possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try crossing at 80hz most speakers in my experience roll-off at 80hz. Your subs crossover should be disabled or maxed if possible.
Thanks,

The sub crossover is maxed out. I will try changing the mains and see what difference it makes.

George

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I just got a BFD and this is my first crack at using REW.
How do these look?

View attachment 24081

View attachment 24082

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. The end result produced a much tighter bass and does sound quite good compared to no EQ.

George
Just got around to trying again this time with crossovers set to 80 and the sub set to 120. Am I getting closer?

Text Blue White Line Pattern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts