Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a sonosub and finally got around to spend some time with REW. This is my first graph with no EQ or treatments so forgive me if something looks a little off.

Room size is ~ 12x18 but it feeds into a kitchen/eating area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wayne,

Your right I do have a BFD but thanks for letting me know that it might not being enough. I was going to try and tame it a little just to get some experience. I did take multiple readings throught the room and they were all fairly similar.
What's your thoughts on a house curve and taming that peak a little? I am happy with the way it sounds so this would be mainly for experience.

·
Super Moderator
9,258 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, Steven. :T
What's your thoughts on a house curve and taming that peak a little?
Well, given that the peak is so narrow, you won't be able to do anything with it via the BFD without effecting a lot more than the peak. I guess if you're happy with the way it sounds there's no reason to do anything - I've never heard a sub with that kind of output that low, so I really don't know how much of a bad thing it is (or isn't).

As far as the house curve, can't really say anything that I haven't already said in those two articles, except that I greatly prefer the hard-knee curve. :T

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the house curve, can't really say anything that I haven't already said in those two articles, except that I greatly prefer the hard-knee curve.
Thanks I will look into it

I have said it b4 but worth mentioning again...What a great resource we have here

·
Registered
126 Posts
The sub looks sick, and the graph looks really good as well, would have been perfect without that ballon at 10hz :) But that's so low I guess it might not be that much of a problem. Great job :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The sub looks sick, and the graph looks really good as well, would have been perfect without that ballon at 10hz But that's so low I guess it might not be that much of a problem. Great job
I plan on redoing everything and doing some sweeps to see if that blip is for real. but I have ran some test tones, without measuring...just my ear and that 11-12 Hz just kicks which is great for impressing your friends (upset wife:gah:) but it kinda bugs me know that I know it's there. What I am impressed with is how not boomey this sounds even with music.

Although my ultimate result is to finsh my basement to be a dedicated listening/HT room then everything starts all over again:bigsmile:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so I really don't know how much of a bad thing it is (or isn't).
When your listning to movies or music it sounds great, probably because there isnt much down that low but running some tones thru my system there is some higher db's around 11Hz. At this point I can't say if its good or bad kinda bugs me that I know its there:nerd:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts