Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: Update

Subs + mains using a RS Meter with 1/3 smoothing.

View attachment 9192

Can I or should I do anything in the area between 100Hz to 300Hz? Is the BFP 1124P suitable for this range?
Could he possibly lower the 100-300Hz range in the sub section and have the mains make up the difference? Maybe when he tracks the hard knee curve closer, this section will come down?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm not following what you mean, weverb...

Regards,
Wayne
I guess what I mean, depending on where his crossover is, if he lowers the sub section as close to or right at his crossover point, would the filters help bring down some of the 100-300Hz section? Say his xo is at 100Hz, if he applies at filter there, would it help bring down some of the 100+Hz area?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Final, First Graph

To Wayne, weverb & brucek,

Thank you for all your help and interest! :T

Notes: My crossover was set for 70Hz and each individual sub was calibrated to 75dB and together they produce 81dB. Using the Set Target Level link in REW produced a Target Level of 81.0dB. No smoothing and I'm currently using 5 filters in my BFD.

Below is my final graph with a Hard Knee House Curve:

final hk house curve mo.jpg

This really sounds great in my room and I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. If this looks good, I will be off to graph my mains! :bigsmile:

Larry

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: Final, First Graph

To Wayne, weverb & brucek,

Thank you for all your help and interest! :T

Notes: My crossover was set for 70Hz and each individual sub was calibrated to 75dB and together they produce 81dB. Using the Set Target Level link in REW produced a Target Level of 81.0dB. No smoothing and I'm currently using 5 filters in my BFD.

Below is my final graph with a Hard Knee House Curve:

View attachment 9212

This really sounds great in my room and I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. If this looks good, I will be off to graph my mains! :bigsmile:

Larry
Looks.... :yikes: great!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Won't a house curve cause your subs to run out of output much sooner since the available headroom that they have is always lowest at the deeper frq's below 30hz? He has a steep 12db level difference from 30hz to 65hz.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts