Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you all. First off my name is Mike, I live in upstate NY. I am a 25 year old, network engineer and have been in the IT field for the past 7 years. KrazyKid, was a nickname I got because since I was 13 and got my first BMX bike, I could not keep anything I owned STOCK. Everything I own has my personal touch. Everything I do is 90% self taught. My father is a housing contractor so I grew up around wood working and remodeling. He also was a hotrod guy so that’s what got me into cars. I always keep my ears open when I listen to someone who is teaching me about their projects and experiences. My main hobbies are, motocross/supercross racing, car/truck tuning/customizing. Current daily driver is a 300WHP VW Jetta, and a 2004 Saab 93 ARC, but have built and owned mini trucks, off roaders and built alot of cars up for other people. I started my stereo/sound hobby by building car stereos. In the last 10 years or so I have built alot of stereos and enclosures. Everything from simple drop in replacement pieces to full on custom installs with fiberglass, carbon fiber, SQ, SPL... you name it. My brother and I kept busy for the past 4-5 years. My father was kind enough to allow us to take over his garage to support our "hobbies!". We insulated and heated it... and fully stocked it with tools all with the profits from our side jobs. Next year I will be building a new shop, getting our LLC and begin to advertise. Starting out more as side work, but hopefully will become full time.

My fiancé and I purchased out first house back in July. We completely gutted it down to studs. There are 3 original walls, and 2 original windows. 16 hours every sat and Sunday since July and a few nights a week got us to the point where we are now. All new heat/ac ducting, 220 service and all new wiring, microlaim beams, stair stringers, Maple cabinets, Corian and Granite tops, tile and hardwood floors... we didnt cheap out on anything. Same attention to detail and careful material choices went into my house as did all my past projects.

I have done a lot of research all over the internet, and in our local audio shops. I came across this site, and can tell the caliber of talent here is top shelf. I hope to further my knowledge base and gather as many ideas that I can from the Shack!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there krazykid and welcome to the Shack!

I am sure you will find all you need, but if we can help, just holler... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Mike, Welcome aboard!

I am sure that we can help you with your questions so feel free to ask away.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
Well, a little further. I'm in the mid-valley, pleasant valley, to be exact, so about 2 hours. But if you ever find yourself down this way, drop me a line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts