Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am officially on my way to a Home Theater. I am doing most of the work myself and getting most of the components used. Let me tell you what I have so far and where the room is.

What I have for equipment:
Klipsch RF-83
RC-64
RS-52
Possible picking up RW-10d Sub from craigslist later this week.

Panasonic AE-3000

Planed space for the room is in the basement and will be 17' x 22' with no windows and 8' ceilings. Nothing is framed and have endless possibilities.

I am very excited to be putting it all together myself and thankfully have the wife on board.

I look forward to getting and maybe giving assistance on this forum. I will have many questions although I have spent many, many hours reading the forum already.

Thanks in advance to all that read.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the site, TVReplay! What are yo still looking for in terms of equipment? Looks like you've got your speakers all lined up. The only recommendation I would suggest is going with a different sub, but that's dependent on what you are willing to spend, too. I think you would be able to get more sub for the money than the RW-10D.

Anyway, let us know what you are looking for and we can make suggestions based on your needs!

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hey Brian,
Welcome to the Shack. Looks like you have a good plan but, I agree with Jon. I think there are a quite a few subs out there that would be a better choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry for not giving enough info about my plans.
Thanks for the input.. I am looking to do a 5.2 system with matching subs. I have read in many posts that two smaller is better than one bigger/better sub. The sub I am possibly picking up on tuesday I am getting for $250 and my plan was to continue to look for the match. I'm looking to spend a reasonable amount but also understand the desire to upgrade at a later time. If anyone has any other sub recommendations I have not committed to anything and welcome recommendations. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Brian. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Hey Brian, Welcome to the Shack. I agree about the sub also. Have you thought about building your own?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the Shack. I'm not exactly in your neighborhood but am selling my eD A5-350 and am willing to meet half way. Of course I want more than double what you're paying for the RW-10D :) Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only recommendation I would suggest is going with a different sub, but that's dependent on what you are willing to spend, too. I think you would be able to get more sub for the money than the RW-10D.

Anyway, let us know what you are looking for and we can make suggestions based on your needs!
My budget at this time for 2 subs is about $700. I would love a recommendation for other subs that I could find used on Craigslist or Ebay for about that price. I haven't thought about building one but have been reading posts and will write further questions there.
I'm new should I post this in a different area?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts