Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been trying to do this for over 5 years.
Laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 Lts installed. Downloaded REW 5.1 and have installed .sh
Sound-card USB Behringer UCA202
Radioshack Digital spl meter and associated .cal file.

Possible error in measurement sweep of sub-woofer, graph enclosed.

Is there an error and what is it?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, further experimenting and I had a look in the EQ window, set my Equalizer to Generic, My low-pass set to sub-woofer 24db, pushed my Target curve up and hit match target! Looks like 90% of my Target range is out of the filter range and the Target Curve can no longer be reset!

Any ideas?

Thank you

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Hello, been trying to do this for over 5 years.
Laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 Lts installed. Downloaded REW 5.1 and have installed .sh
Sound-card USB Behringer UCA202
Radioshack Digital spl meter and associated .cal file.

Possible error in measurement sweep of sub-woofer, graph enclosed.

Is there an error and what is it?

Thank you
I do not see anything that is an obvious error. If that is the actual SPL, you are measuring at a VERY high level.

The phase measurement "discontinuity" is normal. When the phase angle is hovering around 180 degrees, you might see it jump back and forth several times on a graph. If you go into Controls and click on Unwrap Phase, it will do less of that, but you will only see a small portion of that measurement on the screen at a time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, yes the volume was up a bit high. I grabbed the measurement quick instead of turning it down, lol. In the EQ window, why can't I reset Target Level?

Thank you.

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Hi, yes the volume was up a bit high. I grabbed the measurement quick instead of turning it down, lol. In the EQ window, why can't I reset Target Level?

Thank you.
I am assuming you clicked on Set Target Level once and had REW give you its target level estimate. There is no Reset function for that. Your options are:
  • If the measurements have changed, click on Set Target Level again and REW will give you a new target level estimate.
  • You can enter any value you wish manually by clicking on the Target Level window and entering that number. It can be entered with 0.1 db increments, i.e. "72.2"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts