Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interest in home theater is recent. In my career I've been a licensed broadcast engineer, a recording engineer doing both production work and music mixing, and a recording studio manager. For the next 20 years I earned my living exclusively through acting in radio and television commercials, corporate film and videos, episodic television programs, and motion pictures in roughly that order. Since 1990 I've operated a small marketing communications company, while continuing my acting career. I specialize in video for corporate and non-profit clients with further specialties in construction, construction safety, and metal fabrication. I have a home studio to support my continuing voice-over work as well as to create sound tracks for the video work I do. I spend a lot of time in outside video editing suites, which has set an high standard for film and video viewing. That keeps my expectations and needs for the home theater modest.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Steve. Glad to have you here. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too am a new member. This site grabbed me with the technical excellence of its content. It appealled to my engineering sense. I'm a two channel guy who believes that with good set up, surround and center channels are not necessary. I'm also a believer in listening to tweak the system response. A decade or more ago I began measuring my system with a RS meter and hand plotting the results. Listening was easier and more accurate. Then I discovered, on this site, the REW. Wow! What excellent software! And unlike some pro-audio tools I've tried to use, REW is fairly intuitive. I was able to get traces in just one evening. Next step is to buy a BFD. I'm very glad I joined, even though it may eventually lead me to more channels and projectors and the like. Brad

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy SecondWind and welcome to the Shack!

We are glad to have ya on board... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
yes welcome. even though i'm new myself. it's great to run into yet another person who knows their stuff.

pleasure to meet you.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Hey Steve! Enjoy! :T

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Steve and Brad, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts