Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm new to this forum. I recently acquired a Denon 4308, a nice piece of furmiture to house my equipment, a Panasonic Plasma, S100 speakers from Paradigm and a Sub 13Ultra from SVS.
I just finished calibrating everything with Audyssey.
I have some puzzles to solve, like how to select which curve in Audyssey....how to change a bit the Audyssey selections....etc.
Regards:yay:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi Horace, great to have you here. With the Denon, use the on screen interface and set the EQ to Audyssey. You can individually change the settings (cut off freq, etc). It won't defeat the Audyssey settings, just alter them to your tastes. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dr Doan
Thanks for the advice on how to tweak the Audyssey.
I find the Subwoofer setting somewhat low with Audyssey.
So, I calibrated with the Sub Gain around 11 o'clock and moved the gain to 12 o'oclock. It sound right this way. The organ notes sound full bodied.
Thanks to your suggestion, I will apply corrections sometimes. Some films have a weak front speaker, (especially translations) others are weak in Bass. I have printed the Audyssey settings so as to revert to the original.
Regards.....

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy qhp310 and welcome to the Shack!

Help yourself and enjoy your stay... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
During the Audyssey set up procedure, you can save the settings. These will remain until you reset them, even if the power is lost for a while. (at least it is on my Denon). Dennis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi
With the Sub Gain raised to 12 o'clock, the Bass is ok.
I changed the balance between the 2 surround speakers.
I realised, I have no Surronds B!!!! Only Surrounds A!!!
I copied the curve to Audio....not sure if it works.
Before my last measurement, I read posts on Audyssey.
I decided to shut the furnace off!!!! That helped!
I could not acheive a flat LF curve before, with my Radio Shack Sound Meter and the PEQ on the SVS Sub: it just did not seem to work. Maybe on account of the furnace Low Frequency rumble?
Now, with Audyssey, I don't realy need the PEQ. Besides, the PEQ takes measurement from one location only whereas Audyssey averages the listening area (8 locations). And the PEQ takes much more time (manually).
Regards:yay:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts