Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read over the help documentation, and I'm pretty confident I've calibrated properly, but these response graphs look a little crazy past 180hz.

I'm using a behringer emc8000 mic, behringer 802 mixer, and my onboard soundcard. Measurements were taking from my listening position.

Here is an example of the graph I got...(remove *....couldn't post link since I'm new here)

img21.imagesh*ck.us/img21/5048/nikg.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The speakers are a diy build I did with the help of some forum members. They use usher 8945p mid-range and peerless hds tweeters in a .5cuft enclosure. This is my first xover...so I'll probably look to doing some tweaking once I know for sure I'm generating these measurements correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruce -

Is there anything specific I need to do to perform near field measurements? Is there any general rules regarding how far to measure from the speaker, do I point the mic directly at the speaker, settings in Romm EQ Wizard that would change?

Thanks!

Nik

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the response! I ended up being busier than expected this week, so I didn't have much time to play around, but I plan on doing on-axis near-field measurements next and will post my results.

These are literally right against the backwall, in a bookshelf, but were designed with very little bsc for such a purpose. I'll continue to post my updates as I take new measurements.

Nik

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed - the other experiment I want to try with with some defuser panels behind the speakers. I need to do a little bit of research on what type of treatment would best help in my configuration. Anyone advice? I'm sure there is plenty of info out there, just haven't gone fact finding yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.