Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All traps and gobos are done... I'll have more than I need... treatment is underway. The gobos are in place effectively cutting the room in half. Still need to put bass traps and cloud in position.

The room analysis was done with Room EQ Wizard from www.hometheatershack.com and a Behringer ECM8000, along with a Radio Shack SPL Meter.

It looks like I've got a couple of room mode problems in the under 100 hz range and a couple of things that will need attention at 500 and 600 hz.

More on this project here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrkaiser/sets/72157617280297733/

BEFORE ANY ADDITIONAL TREATMENT 15-200

BEFORE ANY ADDITIONAL TREATMENT 15-200

BEFORE ANY ADDITIONAL TREATMENT 15-1500

AFTER GOBO PLACEMENT 15-200

AFTER GOBO PLACEMENT 15-200

AFTER GOBO PLACEMENT 15-1500

ROOM ANALYSIS MIC IN POSITION

CUTTING THE ROOM IN HALF WITH GOBOS

BEHIND MIXING POSITION

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply... glad to hear I am on the right path... I did run through the calibration, however, when measuring SPL I didn't realize I should adjust the volume level down versus typing in my SPL into REW... I'll take note of that next time and I need to go back and re-read the help file again anyway.

Bruce, I really appreciate all of the insight.

Did you notice anything that should be done in this room or the measurement mic placement to get better results?

What a great peice of software and a very giving group of people here at the Home Theater Shack.

Justin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruce, again, thank you. I'll take your suggestions and incorporate them in the next analysis after I get the bass traps and rest of the panels in place. It's also probably a good idea, as you suggested to make the measurements with me in the chair as my large body mass could also have an effect on the results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I think I'm getting the hang of this fantastic software...

We had a chance to hang the cloud yesterday, hung the Panels about 4" off the wall as well... Unfortunately due to the layout of the room using these specifically as Bass Traps will not work, so I'll have to create 3 or 4 simple Tube Traps...

If you have any other thoughts, I'm all ears...

Full size photos and complete documentation on this project from start to finish is available at the following location...

I should be back to voicing in this studio, after some final cleanup, next week. I'm not sure what it will sound like except for the fact that the reverb when clapping is a lot less, and the feel and sound seems to be a bit more intimate... I've learned quite a bit doing this project and hope it helps you...

BEFORE/AFTER COMPARISON - BEFORE IS RED - AFTER IS PURPLE

WATERFALL AND DECAY

FINAL TREATMENT

THE CLOUD IS UP - MAIN MIXING LOCATION

BEHIND MAIN MIXING LOCATION - CLOSET ON LEFT - ISO BOOTH ON RIGHT

CUTTING THE ROOM IN HALF WITH THE GOBOS

ENTERING STUDIO FROM OUTSIDE

LOOKING INTO WHERE THE STUDIO IS - IT'S UGLY AND NEED TO FINISH THIS

OUTSIDE ON THE RIGHT - GARAGE ON THE LEFT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts