Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my first time usage of REW and my new Hsu VTF3 MKIII sub I just purchased.
My HT is 13W-19L and 7H. The subs final location in front center under the center channel speaker. This location gave me the best response compared to other room locations, that is if I did this correctly.

Anyways, for your amusement....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I am looking at a 1124p, but I wanted to see what I was looking at first.
I was quite surprised at the response in my current sub location. I am wondering what I can do for the null ~61 Hz. Other than that, I feel that for a first stab at using
REW, that it was a pretty decent start. Thats why I am wondering if I did the measurements correctly :huh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes ..my XO was at 60HZ for my mains only, 80Hz the rest of the way around. I since changed it to 80Hz all around and will retest

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
How big is your room, shape? sealed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
13W x 19L x 7H. Located in basement

Front and side walls are poured concrete with Styrofoam insulation, wood frame and drywall. Back wall has framed wall with 7' by 3' pass thru bar opening out to 24 x 12 rec room. All floors commercial grade carpet with wool pad over concrete floor. Entrance to HT is on the side, 4' opening.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Thank you Camtah for your description. This is roughly a 1750 cuft room. Indeed, the room gain seems to start very soon below 50 Hz(good thing! the sub should be playing effortlessly). I don't think the 60 Hz crossover is fully resonsible for this, as the HF roll starts roughly at 40 Hz.....

Pls let us have you response with 80 Hz Crossover.

B Rgds
Blaser

1 - 12 of 12 Posts