1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and thank you for having me aboard
In short my history
18 years ago
I've been vieuwing movies in surround for over 18 years now but never gave it much attention ( cousins old speakers and dad's spares+ a Kenwood krf-V5020 surround receiver.... and a Barco old television
Movies looked good and sound was ok.(or so i tought ..what did i know about it ?? Nothing
3 years ago
my cousing sold his Pioneer receiver to me and after that i upgraded the old spakers with the B&W's i still have, and the telewision was replaced with the plasma.... boy did I see and hear the difference !! :nerd: Altough voices and bass was lacking so the center and sub were next on the list... installed them and now i'm pretty comfy looking at movies altough i had to mount the B&W 685's on the ceiling to prevent the cats from using them to sharpen their claws or mark their terrytory....:yikes:
Present day ( might have been 3 or more day's ago actually)
since my wife stopped playing the drums we have a room to spare witch now has been tranformed to a 2channel listening room... so....what to buy and how much to spend ? got a great deal on a Marantz system with B&W 684 from my audio dealer
and i'm happy ever since :clap:

(feel free to edit if sentence building is wrong )

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack! Please visit us often and enjoy your stay.

Sounds like you are well on your way to a very enjoyable system. My wife and I enjoy our home theater very much and usually spend 2-3 hours a night in it.

Please post any questions you may have. Lots of friendly people here who are happy to help.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello Dreor and welcome to HTS :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts