Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start by saying i have no idea what i'm doing.

this is my first attempt at calibrating the soundcard on my macbook running leopard.

i have no idea what i'm doing with REW and would love for another mac user running leopard to screen share with me to give me a step by step and teach me to do it on my own. i'm open to any and all suggestions.

thanks guys.
matt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i gave you guys a whole 18 hours or so...and nothing. what kind of forum is this.

i'm kidding....but i'm also dying to get my setup ''REW'D'' asap. and i'm on a mac...and that doesn't help i'm sure. i also don't know my from a hole in the ground when it comes to this stuff. (also, not a help)

thanks guys.
matt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't have it with me right now...i'm at work.
i'll be able to be home at 8pm central (2hours from right now)

i'm using a macbook. Newest Leopard OSX update....2ghz machine.

i also have a 24'' aluminum imac running the most updated leopard as well. (if that helps.)

let me know if any of this helps.

thanks.
matt

ps. i would love to have enough money to fly you out here brucek...and just watch you work....but i mentioned in another thread, i'm a teacher :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another note....i'm always up for screen sharing and letting somebody show me step by step....another leopard user that is.

thanks
matt

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Yeah, I know next to nothing about Macs, so I usually steer clear and let JohnM handle the Mac stuff. Hopefully he'll see your post.

The operating system should be fine, but I have read several posts from people with macbooks having trouble.

Here's a post where the person is using Leopard on a Macbook and shows the exact same graph problems that you are experiencing.

brucek

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i saw that. i would LOOOVE for johnm to jump in here....he does seem to know his stuff when it comes to macs . is he a user? does he have leopard? a screen share with him would be incredible.

thanks brucek.

matt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i meant a mac user.

also...will you check my pb13-ultra thread. i bet you can answer it.

it's in the setup forum i believe.

matt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the link. quick question.

i have a screen for speaker level.....where i can change the output of all of them. i started with the volume pretty high......then set all to 'level' at 80db. then i went speaker to speaker and adjusted each bar so that they all produced the 80db level.
my question.....what should i be setting my sub to.....how much do i adjust in THAT menu....and where should my ''gain'' knob be? thanks.
matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts