Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nice..... glad to see that sub parked next to some spectacular looking speakers my friend....
They are truly a sight to see in person, oh and the sound from the Songtowers is something to behold as well....

I hope the newborn is doing well as your oldest daughter and sweetheart of a spouse... send my love to them all. Now we know why Nuance is a little shy on the funds...

Cherish the time buddy, it goes by in a blink...

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Make sure you read over the rules thoroughly... :T

Generally we don't have all that many entries on giveaways, so your odds are favorable.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Make sure you read over the rules thoroughly... :T

Generally we don't have all that many entries on giveaways, so your odds are favorable.
Will do. Thank you, Sonnie; didn't even know about it till you told me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am very interested in using this design in my own setup. I am curious about the lining you used internally. From my past car audio days, using internal stuffing (polyfill) with sealed enclosures made the enclosure behave as if it was larger. They had a rough formula, I can't remember exactly. Maybe 1lb of stuffing made it seem .5 cubic ft larger. That is probably wrong, but I think you get my point. Does that foam lining do the same? Did you calculate the amount you used? Did you try with and without the lining?

Thanks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Holy old thread batman.......

No- the foam lining was only there to reduce or breakup the sound waves inside the box, and who know if it even accomplished that.... but basically I built the box to the proper size I was looking for to begin with...

Now with my XLerators I stuffed the boxes with large wallymart pillows (which contain polyfil and have been measured to behave the same as just raw poly), to possibly lower the F3 point slightly, though the box size and amp power was more then needed for my particular build....

41 - 51 of 51 Posts