Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some photos of my first subwoofer build. I am using a sealed enclosure for my downfiring CSS SDX15 sub. The internal air space is 3.70 cubic feet. I am in the process of applying the finish right now. More to come....

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks good Mike. What kind of finish are you using?

I see you have some more clamps in the background. What you could not get those to fit also.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments.....I am using red mahogony stain with semi gloss polyurethane on top (lots of it). The construction of the box is 3/4 inch mdf, wrapped in 3/4 inch birch plywood with poplar trim. I can assure you this enclosure is really heavy and I don't even have the driver mounted yet. I'm not sure how I'm going to move it....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks very much for the kind words. The 15" sounds great, although I have not been able to really test her out. I have two daughters....one is 20 months and the other is 2 months old. I don't want to scare them quite yet.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
no man, you gotta get them used to the sound young! I always made sure my house was noisy when my baby was napping so he'd get used to it, and so we wouldn't have to turn off the TV and tiptoe around when he was asleep :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
no man, you gotta get them used to the sound young! I always made sure my house was noisy when my baby was napping so he'd get used to it, and so we wouldn't have to turn off the TV and tiptoe around when he was asleep :)
Heh, that's how I was raised, too! When I was really little I used to fall asleep at basketball games in the bleachers with the crowd screaming and the buzzer going off... Then a little later on I slept in the seat behind my dad in an old, beat-up (read LOUD) combine. Noise doesn't bother me at all and I still have better hearing than almost everyone I know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is one of the nicest diy subs I have ever seen. The attention to detail and the recessed top is really nice. I assume its sealed? Nice work! :hail:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts